FIRST MOD - CUSTOM EXHAUST

gte999

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if the guy that was making your zorst out of titanium then it would have cost a bit more than £150 craig...

Wholey moley, i dont want a titanium exhaust, just a performance one. Each to there own. I can recommend a £1700 quid one though!

Is that you Val?? :p

I actually like the exhaust tips but from the tips forward it all looks a bit dull. Even my NON-DREAMER K1 looks shinier than that after 6 months. Great price though :thumbs:

THANK YOU. I can now spend the other £1550 on beer and takeaways!!!! I ALSO PROMISE TO TAKE MYSELF MORE SERIOUSLY AND WILL NEVER OFFEND ANYONE ELSE AGAIN!!

Why shouldnt these cars be expensive??? Because an exhaust is an exhaust.. If you think £1700 is cheap for an exhaust, then stop dreaming an buy a ferrari or a lambo. THIS IS Just the REPLY I EXPECTED. Your driving a 350 not a supercar. Try driving and running a F355. Then youll have a super car. I love the 350 but for goodness sake, £1700 quid for a 2nd hand exhaust is a joke. Get with it! This is a cheap car to run and mod if your sensible. £1700 quid for a second hand exhaust is a joke. But if you think this is okay, good luck young man im sure youll spend your money wise!!!!

craig

The car is cheap to mod IF you like buying twice ;) We'll see how well your exhaust holds up to the UK winter :)

Everything nice in life is expensive, Z parts are no different. You only have to see the welds on the Amuse exhaust that Ho is selling & you will see why its worth the money its going for. Its a work of art TBH.

Prices are relative to your own situation, what is expensive for one is not for another. Just because I could afford to drop £1700 on an exhaust does not mean I should be driving a Ferrari or Lambo (although I probably could have bought one by now :p )

I like the finer things in life & I work bloody hard to fund the stuff I buy, Just because you don't agree/can't afford stuff like that doesn't mean everything should be cheap.

JDM FTMFGDW :yahoo::yahoo:

I know you didnt mate and agree its each to their own... £150 is a very good price for your zorst considering the guys time to put it together and the materials. I think when I looked it was around £300 for y-pipe back so you got a good deal.

At the end of the day, its your car so you mod and do it how you want and for yourself. And the same goes for other owners and their choices!

Why shouldnt these cars be expensive??? Because an exhaust is an exhaust.. If you think £1700 is cheap for an exhaust, then stop dreaming an buy a ferrari or a lambo. THIS IS Just the REPLY I EXPECTED. Your driving a 350 not a supercar. Try driving and running a F355. Then youll have a super car. I love the 350 but for goodness sake, £1700 quid for a 2nd hand exhaust is a joke. Get with it! This is a cheap car to run and mod if your sensible. £1700 quid for a second hand exhaust is a joke. But if you think this is okay, good luck young man im sure youll spend your money wise!!!!

craig

The car is cheap to mod IF you like buying twice ;) We'll see how well your exhaust holds up to the UK winter :)

Everything nice in life is expensive, Z parts are no different. You only have to see the welds on the Amuse exhaust that Ho is selling & you will see why its worth the money its going for. Its a work of art TBH.

Prices are relative to your own situation, what is expensive for one is not for another. Just because I could afford to drop £1700 on an exhaust does not mean I should be driving a Ferrari or Lambo (although I probably could have bought one by now :p )

I like the finer things in life & I work bloody hard to fund the stuff I buy, Just because you don't agree/can't afford stuff like that doesn't mean everything should be cheap.

JDM FTMFGDW :yahoo::yahoo:

Well done its only taken you 23 minutes to think up a reply to this thread. The point i was trying to make was that for £ 1700 quid for a used exhaust you could make more mods, BUT YOU HAVE LOTS OF MONEY AND I DONT!!!! Spending that amount of money on an exhaust is great if you have learning difficulties, BUT as you can afford to I WILL BE LOOKING FORWARD TO YOU MAKING AN OFFER FOR THE EXHAUST!!! I cant wait to see you buying it :snack: I hope we can meet and compare exhausts. YOURS WILL BE MUCH BETTER BECAUSE YOU HAVE MORE MONEY.

Believe it or not, I have other things to do :)

I wont be making an offer for the exhaust, simply because I already have a good exhaust that is rarer than the Amuse (in the UK anyway)

I will meet with you in 6months & compare exhausts, mine will be the one that hasn't rusted :thumbs:

Me having more money has nothing to do with this, I don't know you or your financial situation - I just buy what I like - I just work hard for it & save for it.

So spending £1700 on an exhaust means I have learning difficulties? In that case so do you. You spent £10k+ on a Z when a simple £1500 MX5 would have done the same job - a cars a car

I wont be making an offer for the exhaust, simply because I already have a good exhaust that is rarer than the Amuse (in the UK anyway)

I will meet with you in 6months & compare exhausts, mine will be the one that hasn't rusted :thumbs:

Me having more money has nothing to do with this, I don't know you or your financial situation - I just buy what I like - I just work hard for it & save for it.

So spending £1700 on an exhaust means I have learning difficulties? In that case so do you. You spent £10k+ on a Z when a simple £1500 MX5 would have done the same job - a cars a car

I think your very touchy about exhausts, It may be a personal issue which i wish you every luck!! BTW i spent more than 10k on my uk car. I would rather spend the 1700 on other things but good luck to you. I think ive touched a nerve. I DO NOT HAVE LEARNING DIFFICULTIES MY DOCTOR TOLD ME IT WAS EVERONE ELSE. Everyone to there own. I just wanted to tell everyone about my bargain but im still trying to put out the flames. On the plus side theres a £1700 quid exhaust for sale with excellent welds which wont rust. I THINK IM GOING TO BUY IT :bangin::bangin::bangin:

:yawn:

It would appear that I am the one who has touched the nerve. I'm not the one slating people for buying more expensive things :p

Nobody has denied that you paid a good price BUT we will see how good it really was after the winter :)

I think your very touchy about exhausts, It may be a personal issue which i wish you every luck!! BTW i spent more than 10k on my uk car. I would rather spend the 1700 on other things but good luck to you. I think ive touched a nerve. I DO NOT HAVE LEARNING DIFFICULTIES MY DOCTOR TOLD ME IT WAS EVERONE ELSE. Everyone to there own. I just wanted to tell everyone about my bargain but im still trying to put out the flames. On the plus side theres a £1700 quid exhaust for sale with excellent welds which wont rust. I THINK IM GOING TO BUY IT :bangin::bangin::bangin:

I cant work out whether you are trying to be amusing or not??

I would suggest that you request a clean of this thread by one of the mods as it has gone completely off topic. I agree that £1700 is a lot to spend on an exhaust but if someone wants to spend their own hard earned cash on it then its up to them. If you are happy with your £150 exhaust then that's great, but you did ask for peoples opinions.

yeah give it a ****ing rest. its beginning to sound like playground chat.

I DO AGREE, BUT LETS HAVE A LAUGH! ITS BASICALLY A £150 EXHAUST VS A DEAR ONE. GET A LIFE. IF YOU CANT LAUGH THEN GET A LIFE. I LOVE A DEBATE! I STILL THINK 1700 IS A JOKE BUT CAN RECOMMEND ONE!

I cant work out whether you are trying to be amusing or not??

I would suggest that you request a clean of this thread by one of the mods as it has gone completely off topic. I agree that £1700 is a lot to spend on an exhaust but if someone wants to spend their own hard earned cash on it then its up to them. If you are happy with your £150 exhaust then that's great, but you did ask for peoples opinions.

COME ON, GET A LIFE, WHY ARE YOU TAKING THIS SERIOUSLY. ITS JUST A BIT OF BANTER! JESUS! I love the 350z but just think 1700 is a lot of cash but as you said everyone to there own. Sorry i started this thread! PLEASE DELETE.

Think everyone likes a good debate. Would request that you leave your finger off the shift key though, reading lots of capitals is a bit of a chore.

GET A BLOODY LIFE MAN!!!

The most serious forum ive been on!

btw, I WAS VERY VERY CLEVER TO PUT ON THE CAPS BUTTON SO I WOULDNT HURT MY FINGER.

GOOD NIGHT!!!

£1700 QUID FOR AN EXHAUST :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

serious forum?!? where?

Dont think anyone in here needs to get a life, we all have one! Everyone is happy to have a debate and your opinion counts but you seem to be stuck up on one thing.. And you bought it up to start with1!

hahahaha this has turned out rather funny.

i think ian is just trying to point out yes its a lil pricey but his thinking is "u pay for what u get". he likes his brands, u dont. each to their own.(cheers ian btw)

im a dreamer??? ive had 3 pretty firm offers so maybe not.. fair play to u tho, u have gota bargain and respect to u on that front m8. like many have said it looks like mild steel on your exhaust, so be a lil careful in our winters and keep an eye on it.. i mean look at the standard Z zaust.. its mild steel and there pure crap!!! so be careful.

ps: was there any need to $hit on my parade?? what have i ever said or done to u? plz dont play the hard man behind a computer screen. if your gonna be cheeky about your comments then keepem to yourself or how about you voice them to me in person the next time im up in scotland?!?

i just dont understand your ethos behind why u think im a dreamer? for eg you bought your car for more than 10k, are u gonna sell it to the next person for 20p or the price of the same reg corsa.. no you wouldn't, simple. we also get the fact that u cant afford/appreciate the work gone into creating this exhaust. we have a member who recently described how much work actually goes in to making titanium products so maybe take that in to account. tbh i wouldnt sell u it even if u offered me 5k for it. actually come to think about it, i wouldnt sell u it at all. its clear from your comments that u need the pennies alot more than i do.

so i ask u, why did u bother paying 150 quid for an exhaust when u could have just plugged sum holes in your standard exhaust? you could have saved that 150 quid. best of luck to u in life with finding your cheap and cheerfuls m8, im glad u go to sleep easier at night knowing u have saved 1550 quid :byebye:

pimms and lemonade anyone??

-ho

Lemonade here.

Mate, I'm part of many forums, JDM, VAG and the like and this is BY FAR the most tolerant, friendly, chilled out, caring and helpful forum I've ever encountered. Yeah fair enough you find the thought of spending £1000 + on an exhaust ludicrous but others may differ. At the end of the day you get what you pay for.

From the outset you came across as a bit touchy and defensive. The members aren't here to take the mick. Everyone to their own and all that.

My finger is hovering over the Lock button until I can decide what to do with this thread, so behave you lot, this discussion is going no where.

No more on the £150 vs £1700, there is obviously a differnce of opinions, learn to live with it. Everyone has a price point of what they think is expensive, its what makes modding interesting. Both have their pro's and con's so lets leave it at that please.