FIRST MOD - CUSTOM EXHAUST

gte999

Have removed one post and edited another as to prevent this heated debate from spilling over into a completely off topic forum wars thread.

Having read through, I dont think that tidying this thread is an option, it would end up so disjointed it would barely make sense.

I think the best way to deal is to lock it and confine it to history.

Some people chose to buy high quality at a high price, some people choose to buy lower quality at a lower price. Then there are the anomolies of good quality at low price, and low quality at high prices. Its the finding and subsequent buying or avoiding of the last two that is the fine art.

No need for arguments to start - lets chill and get back to less emotional banter. :thumbs:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hahahaha this has turned out rather funny.

i think ian is just trying to point out yes its a lil pricey but his thinking is "u pay for what u get". he likes his brands, u dont. each to their own.(cheers ian btw)

im a dreamer??? ive had 3 pretty firm offers so maybe not.. fair play to u tho, u have gota bargain and respect to u on that front m8. like many have said it looks like mild steel on your exhaust, so be a lil careful in our winters and keep an eye on it.. i mean look at the standard Z zaust.. its mild steel and there pure crap!!! so be careful.

ps: was there any need to $hit on my parade?? what have i ever said or done to u? plz dont play the hard man behind a computer screen. if your gonna be cheeky about your comments then keepem to yourself or how about you voice them to me in person the next time im up in scotland?!?

i just dont understand your ethos behind why u think im a dreamer? for eg you bought your car for more than 10k, are u gonna sell it to the next person for 20p or the price of the same reg corsa.. no you wouldn't, simple. we also get the fact that u cant afford/appreciate the work gone into creating this exhaust. we have a member who recently described how much work actually goes in to making titanium products so maybe take that in to account. tbh i wouldnt sell u it even if u offered me 5k for it. actually come to think about it, i wouldnt sell u it at all. its clear from your comments that u need the pennies alot more than i do.

so i ask u, why did u bother paying 150 quid for an exhaust when u could have just plugged sum holes in your standard exhaust? you could have saved that 150 quid. best of luck to u in life with finding your cheap and cheerfuls m8, im glad u go to sleep easier at night knowing u have saved 1550 quid :byebye:

pimms and lemonade anyone??

-ho

:lol::lol::lol:

i do see your point, but maybe its just me and my priorities in life. The mortgage, bills and holidays come first then whats left is spent on cars. I know the standard mild steel exhaust is crap, but after 5 years it was still going strong so having a Y pipe and centre from mild steel doesnt bother me. Having read my previous posts they do come across a bit "cagey" but i like a bit of banter and a carry on and dont take things seriously.

Just to clear things up, ill not be making an offer for your exhaust as i dont think its value for money.

cheers

craig

p.s as for the hard man comment please let me know when your in scotland next. ill certainly come over and let you know my opinion.