FIRST MOD - CUSTOM EXHAUST

gte999

Hi folks, carried out my first mod today. Got a custome exhaust made up for £150, twin 4inch pipes. Got the same company to redo my rays next month. Im getting the spokes done in anthracite and the rims mirror polished for another bargain price of £360. Enjoy the pics, comments good and bad welcome.

beauz019.jpg

beauz020.jpg

beauz021.jpg

beauz022.jpg

beauz024.jpg

beauz025.jpg

cheers

craig.

p.s Anybody in the scotland area give this guy a shout, hes willing to do a discount for club members! Given the fact that he only took £150 off of me for a stainless cat back, youll get a good price!! His alloy refurb is also ace. RMS custom exhausts, prestwick.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

where are you from bud, i was in prestwick last night, i used RMS a while back and also know a few folk that also have used them, did one of there guys not leave and set up a custom exhaust place called Elite ?

Nice! would get rid of the free advertising though, you paid for the exhaust already. B)

R

Free advertising! This guy is trying to do business, if he keeps up with these prices, personally i dont mind!!! If it gets him some business from the forum then i dont think its to much to have a small sticker on my bumper. The sticker is for the benefit of the forum and other modders. If you dont like it, then dont get an exhaust for a good price. Feel free to pay £800 quid!!!!! for something similar!!!

Btw the exhaust sounds excellent. Very grunty but not ott.

craig

where are you from bud, i was in prestwick last night, i used RMS a while back and also know a few folk that also have used them, did one of there guys not leave and set up a custom exhaust place called Elite ?

Yeah mate, Elite are based in hillington glasgow. I got him to do an exhaust for my old mr2 turbo about 6 years ago but wasnt that impressed with the welds etc. Looked very messy!

craig

p.s im from irvine.

Yeah mate, Elite are based in hillington glasgow. I got him to do an exhaust for my old mr2 turbo about 6 years ago but wasnt that impressed with the welds etc. Looked very messy!

craig

p.s im from irvine.

ill probably see you around then, if you see a big silver van flashing that'll be me, if you see a green blur...that'll be me too :lol:

Nice! would get rid of the free advertising though, you paid for the exhaust already. B)

R

Free advertising! This guy is trying to do business, if he keeps up with these prices, personally i dont mind!!! If it gets him some business from the forum then i dont think its to much to have a small sticker on my bumper. The sticker is for the benefit of the forum and other modders. If you dont like it, then dont get an exhaust for a good price. Feel free to pay £800 quid!!!!! for something similar!!!

craig

Easy tiger, if your happy using you car to advertise then all well and good, There are plenty of good companies that can do exhaust systems for reasonable prices and don't feel the need to stick crappy stickers over your bodywork.

Oh and I did say your zorst looked nice didn't I?

R

R

craig

Easy tiger, if your happy using you car to advertise then all well and good, There are plenty of good companies that can do exhaust systems for reasonable prices and don't feel the need to stick crappy stickers over your bodywork.

R

This tiger is tame mate, :boxing: was just shoving in the pic for forum benefits. Ive done a fair bit of business with this guy and dont mind the advertising, especially since hes so nice. Hes a 64 year old, old school engineer that knows value for money. Check out the website!!

cheers

craig

Cool, have to agree is a very good price though underselling himself immensly. :thumbs:

Thats what i thought but i think due to the amount of business he gets, he can afford it. He was telling me today that hes got so much work that he could stay open for 24hours and still struggle to keep up with the work. As i said previously, i think he knows value for money and thats been the secret to his success. Hes been in the same place for 46 years and has loyal customers, hence the reason for advertising. Def check out his website!!!

Craig

Given the fact that he only took £150 off of me for a stainless cat back

Looks like mild steel mid-pipe to me, can't comment on the y-pipe as I can't see it but bet it's mild too. Looks to be a top quality job, although I personally don't like the look of those rear silencers but that's just my taste. You done well there fella! :D

Looks like mild steel mid-pipe to me, can't comment on the y-pipe as I can't see it but bet it's mild too. Looks to be a top quality job, although I personally don't like the look of those rear silencers but that's just my taste. You done well there fella! :D

I would assume for that price its only y-pipe back rather than cat back :)

I would assume for that price its only y-pipe back rather than cat back :)

£150 is from cat back. Didnt ask about cat replacement pipes. I can find out though.

craig

Got any pics of the y-pipe then? Would be interested to see how close it looks to my ESR one.

sure mate, bare with me and ill get them up. hopefully the z wont fall on me when shes jacked up :lol:

craig

ps are you local?

Waaaaaay down in Essex so couldn't be much further really :lol:

:headhurt:

ohh well, ill get the pics up. Ive noticed that zorst prices range a great deal but theres no way i would pay £1700 quid for a 2nd hand system which some folk are advertising. Theres no way these cars should cost a bomb. I personally think theres to many dreamers about at present. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

craig

ohh well, ill get the pics up. Ive noticed that zorst prices range a great deal but theres no way i would pay £1700 quid for a 2nd hand system which some folk are advertising. Theres no way these cars should cost a bomb. I personally think theres to many dreamers about at present. :thumbdown::thumbdown:

craig

Why shouldn't these cars be expensive? Just because they are £10k doesn't mean prices drop with them :)

The exhaust that is for sale at the moment is good value compared to the new price. There are too many dreamers but the dreamers are those that think they have a cheap car to run & mod. You buy cheap you buy twice. Simples :)

craig

Why shouldn't these cars be expensive? Just because they are £10k doesn't mean prices drop with them :)

The exhaust that is for sale at the moment is good value compared to the new price. There are too many dreamers but the dreamers are those that think they have a cheap car to run & mod. You buy cheap you buy twice. Simples :)

Why shouldnt these cars be expensive??? Because an exhaust is an exhaust.. If you think £1700 is cheap for an exhaust, then stop dreaming an buy a ferrari or a lambo. THIS IS Just the REPLY I EXPECTED. Your driving a 350 not a supercar. Try driving and running a F355. Then youll have a super car. I love the 350 but for goodness sake, £1700 quid for a 2nd hand exhaust is a joke. Get with it! This is a cheap car to run and mod if your sensible. £1700 quid for a second hand exhaust is a joke. But if you think this is okay, good luck young man im sure youll spend your money wise!!!!

craig

craig

+1

compare_the_meerkat.jpg