I think my car has surface rust on every panel ???

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going to Halfords in the week to park next to corsa/calibra crew. I'll try my best not to look at blue bonnet washer lights and silly tyre valve caps :lol::lol:

i love browsing round halfrauds at the random crap section. :lol: you can occassionally find something clever :lol:

Someone on here posted regarding an absolutely horrendously boy racer ruined car, must have previously been smeared in epoxy resin and crashed into halfords, and this still tickles me when I see those nasty corsas with silly high spoilers etc! :lol: THey certainly sell some shite in there :)

Someone on here posted regarding an absolutely horrendously boy racer ruined car, must have previously been smeared in epoxy resin and crashed into halfords, and this still tickles me when I see those nasty corsas with silly high spoilers etc! :lol: THey certainly sell some shite in there :)

see this thread http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=25180 :lol::lol::lol::p:p:p

The front arches must also be steel as mine had a rusty stone chip by the headlights. Also the bonnet although being Alu must be able to oxidise or something as mine is bubbling along the front where a few stone chips have got it :headhurt:

If it was rust, you would easily be able to see where the paint is broken after you used T-cut (but please dont use it again!). If the paint surface isnt obviously broken, then it must be a contaminant on the paint in which case a clay should shift it :)

Daft thought but check your brake pads,

Ive known mates that have been thrashing their cars and the metalic particles of the brake pads have worn down, flicked off and stuck to the bodywork, after that they have rusted slightly giving the impression that the panels are rusting.

Ive known mates that have been thrashing their cars and the metalic particles of the brake pads have worn down, flicked off and stuck to the bodywork, after that they have rusted slightly giving the impression that the panels are rusting.

Not daft at all, i did this in my younger days on an old capri and it made a right mess especially on the wheels that were polished, and all down the side of the car :scare:

something we find that happens with range rover sports is that the Mahooosive brembos produce alot of brake dust that tends to whip up the side of the car and sticks like glue. its very hard to get off but with patience and as before mentioned a clay bar you should be quids in :thumbs: hopefully its not rust :surrender:

:blink: im sure i already said this ;)

Yes you did, we are just highlighting the fact ;):lol:

Although i cant see how it can get on the bonnet from his own brakes. Unless he has followed someone who has neglected to change worn out pads and sprayed the particles over his car. And on that bombshell i think that could be the answer :thumbs:

I went to Halfords and bought a Maguire (or something) clay set. I nearly had an accident in my Y-fronts when I saw the price of my 'extravagant mud set with enclosed dish cloth'.

For the past two days it's rained relentlessly so waiting for the dry weather, so I can go molest my bodywork with my posh new polishing turd! :teeth:

I'd be amazed if claying does remove the rust particles. I would of said the car needed a full correction!! Lets hope i'm wrong. One problem i can envisage is, if the clay lifts out the particles, they will scratch the paintwork as you drag the clay bar along. So i think you should keep it confined to small areas and keep folding the clay over.