My poor car!

CaptainSensible

Walking back to car last night after work and shock horror spot this:

th_15072009065.jpg

Luckily the guy who did it left all his details so I should be able to get it sorted at no cost to me but still heartbreaking. I spoke to my insurance company last night and they want me to take it to their approved repairer (a Vauxhall dealer - WTF?) or get TWO quotes from bodyshops I might want to use. Quite ridiculous, but for convenience I will just go with the company they suggest. I just hope I can get it fixed before I fly to Costa Rica next Saturday!

I guess the silver lining is my bumper has loads of chips so a nice new shiny one will improve the front end of my car no end!

Ouch! At least you get rid of the stone chips though!

WRT to aftermarket bumpers, if you use your own bodyshop there is more than enough chance you can get something like a Shine bumper as they are cheaper than stock! If you used approved bodyshops though, its unlikely as they just order the OEM parts base off your VIN number.

Oh and make sure you get a reasonable hire car, tell them you want an equivelant car, so £30k 3litre+ sports car, as the other side pay for it :thumbs:

Depending on your NCB it might be worth seeing if you can agree to do it between the two of you. Although its not an at fault claim the insurance companies still manage to screw you over for it.

Are your insurance company expecting you to pay an excess or pay it and then claim it back? If so then you should be able to go directly to the other guys insurance company with the claim - then you don't have to shell out at all

Depending on your NCB it might be worth seeing if you can agree to do it between the two of you. Although its not an at fault claim the insurance companies still manage to screw you over for it.

Are your insurance company expecting you to pay an excess or pay it and then claim it back? If so then you should be able to go directly to the other guys insurance company with the claim - then you don't have to shell out at all

Thats a good point. Also if you have legal cover from your insurance, you can make a claim through them. When I had my rear bumper redone, I went though my insurance legal cover (note not my acutal insurance) so it wasnt a claim against my insurance, but theirs, but my insurance legal team dealt with it all, so didnt have to pay a thing or have a mark against my history, which meant my premium didnt go up when I renewed :)

so didnt have to pay a thing or have a mark against my history, which meant my premium didnt go up when I renewed :)

But you still have to declare it don't you?

I had a no fault accident (I was standing beside my crashtra) when someone drove into it and wrote it off. I am declaring it and it's a pain in the hoop! :dry:

so didnt have to pay a thing or have a mark against my history, which meant my premium didnt go up when I renewed :)

But you still have to declare it don't you?

I had a no fault accident (I was standing beside my crashtra) when someone drove into it and wrote it off. I am declaring it and it's a pain in the hoop! :dry:

Dunno, just renewed as normal, but they know it happened. When I first called, they said about using the legal eagles and said it wouldnt effect me if I did :blush:

Oh and make sure you get a reasonable hire car, tell them you want an equivelant car, so £30k 3litre+ sports car, as the other side pay for it :thumbs:

That's a good point, a 370Z maybe? :teeth:

When I spoke to my insurance company they went on some database and said they could see the guy had already reported it to his insurance company and admitted liability so they said I wouldn't have to pay any excess.

EDIT: The garage has just phoned me and I am taking it up tomorrow morning so they can assess it. If they can fix it before I go away they will, otherwise it will have to wait until I'm back. Unfortunately the only courtesy car they will be able to provide me with is a Vauxhall Agila :doh:

That's a good point, a 370Z maybe? :teeth:

When I spoke to my insurance company they went on some database and said they could see the guy had already reported it to his insurance company and admitted liability so they said I wouldn't have to pay any excess.

EDIT: The garage has just phoned me and I am taking it up tomorrow morning so they can assess it. If they can fix it before I go away they will, otherwise it will have to wait until I'm back. Unfortunately the only courtesy car they will be able to provide me with is a Vauxhall Agila :doh:

Thats what the bodyshop can supply. The other parties insurance can hire a car for you....

Not what you want to see walking back to your car. Got to give credit to the guy for leaving his details though. :thumbs:

Definitely!!!

Hope you get your Zed sorted soon Captain. :thumbs: Just think either way, pretty new nose with nose chips. :D

Cheers for all the comments, just a quick update.

Took it up to the garage this morning and they are confident they can do the repair within the next week. So I've left it up there and am now driving a lime green Agila. I have to say it is hilariously slow, I'm not even sure if it has an engine. I did feel like a proper bad boy cruising into work with Firestarter blaring out of the stereo.

Already mentally excited about getting back my Zed, its going to be joyous to drive after the Agila. :#1:

So I've left it up there and am now driving a lime green Agila. I have to say it is hilariously slow, I'm not even sure if it has an engine. I did feel like a proper bad boy cruising into work with Firestarter blaring out of the stereo.

Lol, visions of you doing the Fred Flintstone to get the car up hills. :lol::lol: At least you have a courtesy car, even if it isn't a rocketship. ;)

Thats a real shame, always nasty to see a damaged car

I hope you get your car back soon, I dont think you should claim for a big replacement sports car, the guy who hit your car obviously done it by accident otherwise he wouldnt have left his details. Thats bloody good of him to have done that, many people wouldnt so I think just claiming for the bumper is fair, but anything more is taking the ****. If everyone did it think how much higher the insurance premiums would be :scare:

I hope you get your car back soon, I dont think you should claim for a big replacement sports car, the guy who hit your car obviously done it by accident otherwise he wouldnt have left his details. Thats bloody good of him to have done that, many people wouldnt so I think just claiming for the bumper is fair, but anything more is taking the ****. If everyone did it think how much higher the insurance premiums would be :scare:

My thinking exactly :thumbs: