Bilberry wheel damage...BM learns the hard way

BulletMagnet

If Nick from Clenz reads this, could you please tell ValetPro to change the instructions on the bottle.

Not placing blame, but it may avoid others from having this happening to them.

I know that what I will be told is that I should have started with a dilluted mixture rather than a neat application.

Possibly add a warning for wheels with polished lips.

Reduce the amount of dwell time stated for "neat" application.

Change the instructions to do each wheel individually rather than "Spray all wheels, allow to dwell"

No problems - I will talk to him tomorrow and see where that leads. I'll repost here tomorrow.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sorry to hear that.

I have always used the rule to start weak and work up stronger with everything!When buying a 'professional' product it is absolutely invaluable to check on DW or post up here BEFORE using anything.

I use bilberry and have had no issues. I have never had to use it more than 1:5 parts water even on really bad wheels as it really has a lot of cleaning power.

Cant you get some compensation Mark as you followed their intructions to the letter? Guessing a refurb will set you bk 70-100

Dan

Like I said, they will probably say I should have started with a dilluted mixture first and then go up in strength as opposed to using it neat from the off.

Tis ok, I had to learn the hard way, changed the thread title to reflect that.

I don't think the bottle mentions using it neat ?!?

I think the very least you should be using it was 1:1 ( ie 50% diluted ?!? ). I always use one 1:3 and have never had any problems ( my wheels never get dirty enough to warrant using it any stronger ).

Don't have the bottle in front of me so I'm probably wrong ! :blush:

I cant imagine how minging your wheels must get guys. Mine have a few coats of PB Wheel Sealant on and I never need to use anything more than wash suds and an old wash mitt! Havent used wheel cleaner since I discovered wheel sealant, dirt just washes off no bother.

As the others have said, always start of with the least abrasive stuff you need. Wash suds and mitt first, if that doesnt shift it then use more powerful stuff. I think this is an important lesson for everyone :blush:

I cant imagine how minging your wheels must get guys. Mine have a few coats of PB Wheel Sealant on and I never need to use anything more than wash suds and an old wash mitt!

+1 PB Wheel sealent all the way, can usually get most the muck off with the powerwasher or at least a 1:10 mix of bilberry, great stuff and smells good too :thumbs:

R

BM - I have just got off the phone from Greg and he would def' like to have a conversation with you.

His contact number is 08450 090134 - if you prefer him to ring you please pm me your name & contact number and I will pass it on.

Greg is a good guy and will genuinely try and resolve this issue if the product etc is at fault.

Good luck.

Hey Mark :bye:

Nice to see you yesterday. Sorry it wasnt under better circumstances!

The photos you have posted make them look much worse! My advice.... Keep your car dirty then only you (and everyone that has read this) will know! Problem solved! Ha Ha!!

Fingers crossed this will all end happily for you BM :thumbs:

Been following this thread closely as I have not long since bought some Bilberry and foud it to be great at shifting dirt. 1:5 concentration for me.