350Z sunglasses: OAKLY or RAY BANS??

jerry3167

Guys,

After owning a few pairs of POLARIZED Ray Ban sunglasses at £120 a pair :scare: I have seen a new range of Oakley sunglasses which appear to be better than the Ray Bans by a good margin. They have Iridium coated lenses for even less glare and better contrast, are polarized, Poly-carbonate lenses (very tough!).

Does anyone rate OAKLEY`S or stick with Rays??

Opinions appreciated for the ultimate 350Z "Look good going slow" sunglasses lol :lol:

Jerry :)

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oakleys all the way mate. They are far superior for clarity (minimal distortion) and protection. They have been around for donkeys years and the polorised lenses are just plain awesome at cuting out glare but keeping great colour representation. :thumbs:

I have both.....

Oakleys wraps that I used in Siberia (the only glasses that wouldn't steam up) and continue to use today and Polarised Ray bans for summer time. I have a few other pairs but all have been abused!

They are much and such in my opinion.

**UPDATE**

Just bought a pair of OAKLEY`S Polished with Iridium Polarized Lenses containing "Plutonite"!

Retails at £160 but I got a cracking deal being a regular customer!! :thumbs:

Cheers

Guys :thumbs:

any link to show the product jerry? I am after some as well

Surely it depends on the shape of your head? Mine's round so suits the narrower Oakleys far better, skinny heads will look better in Aviators.

Most Oakley sunglasses are so chav to look at though it hurts. Ray Bans are far more classy, if a tad on the dull side.

I agree with it has to suit your headshape and also it comes down to style preference.

Personally I prefer Oakleys. I have 3 pairs, lol (Juliet,pewter frame with Iridium Fire lenses; Why 8.0, silver frame with black chrome lenses; Oil Drum, transparent brown frame with brown lenses)

OMG this is bloody hilarious!!!! Wait until the other girls see this. You bunch of bloody ponces!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Well, at least we're not discussing what man-bags to buy...

Maybe you should! Pink ones with sparkly bits! :lol: How you lot dare tease louis and zedrush I don't know! :lol:

OMG this is bloody hilarious!!!! Wait until the other girls see this. You bunch of bloody ponces!!!!

Maybe you should! Pink ones with sparkly bits! :lol: How you lot dare tease louis and zedrush I don't know! :lol:

Well....there is a pic of me somewhere with a pink cowboy hat, pink glitter scarf and pink sparkly handbag...

Dunno if I should post it really...

i'd love more stylish glasses but i have to have prescription lenses for driving, so only allowed flat lenses. they can't put prescrption lenses in wrap rounds apparently :thumbdown:

AFAIK Oakley do make prescription lenses for their wraparounds, but they aren't cheap.

£70 per lens, so I decided on contact lenses instead.

Yoohooo boys!! You forgot the to add the sequins & diamantes!! :p:lol::lol::p:bleh:

Lol, of those two brands Oakley have the better lenses imho. And what is it with guys & Titanium Oakleys anyway???!!! Been shopping more than a few times guy mates that needed "fashion & styling" advice on glasses. Worse than women. :lol::lol::lol:

Now if you want some seriously amazing quality lenses, they sure don't come cheap, but you pay for the quality of the lense, worth every cent/penny.

http://www.mauijim.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 0001_11601