anti roll bar clicking

Husky

so a guy from the dealer took my car for a drive today and says the clicking sound coming from the back is definately an antiroll bar. He says if its the cv joint its a constant clicking where as mine clicks as weight shifts from front to back making it an antiroll bar. he had it on the ramp and gave it a prod and it clicked, so i guess he may be right?

anyhoo i also got him to listen to a sound that i get when i go fast round a carpark, like 15 and about half lock usually to the left, its like a rubbing sound every rotation, not loud just deep and carries throught the car. he said it may be tyre noise.

he said the synchros seem fine and pointed out that a previous owner had bumped the front end :rant: not easy to see untill your on a ramp. and grounded the exaust :dry:

thoughts?

lowered? if the sound when your going round a corner is like having a bag of spanners in the boot then you sound like you may be rubbing an arch? Rub your fingers on the inside of the rear arch on the body panel and see if there is any rubber...

Could be a rear damper has blown...

nah all stock, its not a bag of spanners more like when you move your car after its sat for a few days and press the brakes to clean them off but a but more subdued. odesnt sound really bad or anything just wanted to know if its normal?

Aren' these the mucho $$$ endlinks Alex?

I need some standard endlinks as mine creak like a sinking ship and need to replace them!

Replace them with oem at your peril matey as you will have to replace them again in about a year's time. Total false economy. IMHO. ;)

Fit the best and only replace them once. :thumbs:

How much Alex?

Just took a fresh delivery today Ian so plenty in stock.

Unsure on price yet as I have not got the Customs bill in as yet :thumbdown:

If they came through without tax and duty charges then they will be around £250.00 for a set of 2 front and 2 rear.

If they get caught and levied then they will be around £295.00 for a complete set.

A superb upgrade for the Zed and totally essential if lowered.

Alex.

So, i have the choice of getting the OEM ones changes on the dealers wallet but i think he will only change 1 at the rear right (offside i think?). or i could pay out for all 4 here?

is it worth it?

will it make any difference to the ride, handling of the car?

can i fit them myself? if not how much to get them fitted?

cheers :thumbs:

Why not ask the dealer now much the part is and see if they are willing to put it towards some of Alex's uprated ones. They are obdviously willing to pay out a certain amount, so why not put it towards some decent ones. Even at cost, the dealer one could be close to a set from Alex :lol:

I can tell you that I have ordered said rear joints from Nissan and together they come to £56.18 for the pair + vat i.e. £64.61. IMO its worth changing both as the rears are prone to failing so may as well do the other one while at it. Personally I could not justify the cost of the uprated ones as they have only just failed after 5 years.