OEM or NISMO CARBON KNOB?

jerry3167

:wacko: Guys,

Been agonising over whether to fit my New Nismo Carbon gear knob!

I like the feel of the OEM, which, when in your palm feels like solid when you change gear, and on the other hand, the Very shiny and majestic Nismo which looks superb, but I imagine it gets engulfed by the palm!

I should have tried one while at the Envy Mod day, but bloody forgot to ask someone! :bang:

So OEM or Nismo...

Cheers

Jerry :)

Nismo :thumbs:

Feels weird at first because of the shape, but it nicely shortens the throw and has a good weight to it, and feels spot on when you get used to it and the OEM feels very strange afterwards!

Nismo :thumbs:

Feels weird at first because of the shape, but it nicely shortens the throw and has a good weight to it, and feels spot on when you get used to it and the OEM feels very strange afterwards!

+2 :thumbs: agree totally!

+3. The OEM one feels like I am holding the top, whereas the Nismo one feels like I can make use of the short gear change. Its feels nicer and I swear I can change gear more quickly because of it.

You can always take it off if you don't like it. :)

What an opportune post, bought a Nismo one from Phil last year and never managed to get my old one off. Finally admitted defeat yesterday and went to my local garage, took them an hour to remove it ended up cutting the old one off with an angle grinder, god knows what Nissan use to stick it on with, anyway well worth the effort the shift seems so much sharper now and the feel and looks great. Get the Nismo one.

Opening myself up to a barage of abuse I'm sure but, bring it round Jerry and I will help you change it over and if you don't like it we can change it back. :) Sarah

cant get better than that, and i heard ya get a great cup of tea too :thumbs:

Opening myself up to a barage of abuse I'm sure but, bring it round Jerry and I will help you change it over and if you don't like it we can change it back. :) Sarah

Hmm..thats a very generous offer Sarah, you`ve said it in such a way thats its not gonna get abuse ;)

I love the look of the Nismo,but just worried it wont feel a solid gear change!

I can oblige ;)

Knob correction detail time! :lol:

Can you fit this Nismo smoothly, no hassles Mart? :thumbs:

I can oblige ;)

Knob correction detail time! :lol:

Can you fit this Nismo smoothly, no hassles Mart? :thumbs:

Mine is ;)

suppose its a bit of the same case in my MG, i changed the stock oem gear knob, for an x-power one, got it at an event a few years ago, very similar to the nismo in shape, does take a while to get used to but now i wouldnt go back, looks better, and is great for slipping up and down the gears, allthough it being guttless :lol:

Get it changed Jerry, and put the oem one on ebay, you may be shocked :lol:

one thing iv always loved about the zed is the feel of the gearbox and quite love the round leather GEARknob but after reading this thread i may be tempted to go nismo.... wouldnt be too keen on metal or carbon but iv seen a foam one somewhere... need to remember where now lol

one thing iv always loved about the zed is the feel of the gearbox and quite love the round leather GEARknob but after reading this thread i may be tempted to go nismo.... wouldnt be too keen on metal or carbon but iv seen a foam one somewhere... need to remember where now lol

+ whatever the count now is

I got a Nismo and love it. Get it done jerry.

went to my local garage, took them an hour to remove it ended up cutting the old one off with an angle grinder

Never heard of it being on that tight!!! Hope they didn't twist the shaft on their initial attempts.

went to my local garage, took them an hour to remove it ended up cutting the old one off with an angle grinder

Never heard of it being on that tight!!! Hope they didn't twist the shaft on their initial attempts.

No I was watching, did it by the book :thumbs: , two guys with mole grips one holding the shaft under the leather boot, while the other tried to remove the stock knob.