Bumper tucks

scottsoulby

If you look under the back of the car you will see 2 white tabs which have poppers in them. Remove the poppers & remove the white tabs. You are now left with 2 black tabs

Like this - there is 1 each side

DSC_0897Large.jpg

then you just fold the bumper up & have 2 options

1) get some selft tappers & screw the bumper to the support bar

2) do what I did & get 2 large enough bolts to fit in the holes left behind

The hole on the left is where the original tabs are removed from, the one on the right is already free

DSC_0901Large.jpg

Some people have also cable tied the bumper so that it sticks up. A few guys on my350 tried my method but broke the tabs when they did it.

I'm pretty sure thats right, if you can get a photo of the underside of the back cumper I can confirm from there :thumbs:

What diffuser? Surly if you have a diffuser then there is no need to tuck it?

custom made one. functionally its better I think. the few centimetres you get from the tuck would left your diffuser up a bit and give more ground clearance. you could also use a larger diffuser with it. just a thought

+1. car looks nice after the tuck :thumbs:

If youve got a single or twin cans, with a back box it looks crap imo

+1 I've got a K1 and a tucked bumper and it doesnt really work. Looked fab with my fujitsubo with a back box though :thumbs:

ian, your old fujitsubo exhaust is so clean and shiny now you can see your face in it ! so with a tuck it should look sweet

+1. car looks nice after the tuck :thumbs:

If youve got a single or twin cans, with a back box it looks crap imo

+1 I've got a K1 and a tucked bumper and it doesnt really work. Looked fab with my fujitsubo with a back box though :thumbs:

ian, your old fujitsubo exhaust is so clean and shiny now you can see your face in it ! so with a tuck it should look sweet

dsc8055tv4.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I will be doing hopefully my bumper tuck in the morning. Had a little look now though and it is tight doing it with the exhaust in the way(cable tie method) but I might drill it which is easier, if I reverse it the holes may not notice.

Finger crossed :D