removing polish

Gilly199

Hey folks when i got my zed the fella polished the car with the usual white paste stuff. only problem is he managed to get it everywhere like in every badge corner there is.

Problem is it dont wash out. is there anything available to disolve the polish. preferably something from the home.

cheers, Gilly

What do you have in your cleaning arsenal?

If you have a good Quick Detailer then I'd spray that and use a cotton bud.

If not then a soft brush when you wash with normal car shampoo is worth a try.

I find a soft tooth brush, dampened, does the trick and wipe off with a good microfibre cloth. Personally I wouldn't use washing-up liquid as that undermines the very polish/wax that has just been put on :)

Chris is very brave 'detailing' his with a stanley knife :scare: I tend to use a toothpick particularly when gunge gets under the rubber seals around the windows or they sometimes turn in on themselves and the t'pick helps to lift them out flat again. Always use a t'pick for touching in stone chips, rather than a brush. So if you see me nicking the picks off resturant tables you now know why :lol:

If it were me though I would be taking the car back to the paint, claybarring and polishing/waxing from scratch. God only knows which wax the previous owner has used and how long its been on there. At least that way you know exactly what has been done and how much protection is on there.

R

If it were me though I would be taking the car back to the paint, clyabarring and polishing/waxing from scratch. God only knows which wax the previous owner has used and how long its been on there. At least that way you know exactly what has been done and how much protection is on there.

R

:thumbs: I agree, hence the post about fairly liquid - spend a day doing it properly and you will reap the rewards