Vista Users

Beavis

i have vista on this new lap top - do i need to do something with that then........... :blush::lol:

I suppose, but how new is it? And is it 32bit or 64? :blush:

Click on control panel and then the system icon to find out if you are using 32 or a 64 bit version. Will also say in the top left and corner what service pack you are running. :thumbs:

i've only had it a few weeks and as for the other bit..............Pass........

Click on control panel and then the system icon to find out if you are using 32 or a 64 bit version. Will also say in the top left and corner what service pack you are running. :thumbs:

32 bit service pack one and there's also a link to click that says upgrade vista

I would be tempted to download the file from the link and then run that file ;) Will do mine now :headhurt:

On second thoughts no i cant be arsed tonight. :blush:

Just let automatic updates take care of it if you have it enabled. I have done my laptop and gaming PC and all went OK apart from a slight sound problem, here is Microsofts warning as this update sorts out some hardware vs vista compatibility.

In order to install Windows Vista SP2, you'll need to have Service Pack 1 installed. Microsoft indicates that it might take an hour or more to install the update,and after you're done some hardware (like your sound card) might not work until you install updated drivers.

Aye, this certainly creeped up quietly, but I'm fairly sure that's Microsoft's plan now to keep peoples focus on the Win 7 RC, which tbh, is just Vista with a refined UAC and different UI, imo anyway. ;)

First I knew of SP2 was Windows Update moaning it was ready to install. Win7 seems like its where Vista should have been at release. I wouldnt call it Vista with better UAC and UI though, it seems much slicker than that. But not a massive update I agree.

Did my 32 bit laptop no problem this morning, will do my 64 bit machine later. :)

I dont have automatic updates switched on, i like to to do updates manually. My advice would be to download the file anyhow as then you will always have it, then update your windows to service pack 2 this way. :)