best wax for azure??

LRF4N

iv been using megs tech wax for a long time with amazing results. gives a really glossy shine and also brings out the flaky bits lol paintwork looks great on the car, the blue is intense as ul soon see from my next photoshoot.

but the bottles just finished. iv seen tech wax gen 2 on the shelves and have been very tempted, but a lot of ppl recommend dodo juice purple haze so im not sure... also the bumper already has stone chips and im not wanting it resprayed...

does dodo juice give the same gloosy shine? and will it disguise any stone chips? how easy is it to use? cos the tech wax is very user friendly. or are there any other products i should consider?

thanks in advance

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally use the dodo range, purple haze for wax, and can highly recommend it, gives a very nice deep shine and brings out the paint flakes well, if you go in the detailing section and look up machined polished with dodo wax there are some pictures in there, I'd put some on here for you but the iPhone won't copy and paste

The Autoglym isn't a wax bud, it's a polish. The wax on top puts a layer of protection after polishing :)

Dodo Juice, P21S / R222, Collinite any of that sort of stuff will give a good finish.

the shine looks pretty good scott but i thought tech wax looked better to be honest- then again u cant really tell from pics. would be good to hear from some1 whos used both? and yea pimm i use that polish when i clay it then wax on top of it

The Autoglym isn't a wax bud, it's a polish. The wax on top puts a layer of protection after polishing :)

Dodo Juice, P21S / R222, Collinite any of that sort of stuff will give a good finish.

I better get myself some wax then. I will see how this thread goes and then make my decision :thumbs:

Thanks

i was almost sold on dodo wax until i saw urs mike! i thought my colour was deep but that is amazing!

however like i said my stone chips are annoying me is there anything that has a blue tinge in it which could help disguise them?

Another thumbs up for Dodo. Until you try it you cant compare it to anything else. I've tried Tech Wax, P21S and now onto Dodo SN2. Its in a completely different league. P21S comes close for gloss/wet look, but Dodo brings out the fleck more, lasts waaaaaay longer (main gripe with P21S is it only last a month tops). You will not be disapointed with Dodo :thumbs:

Also, I wouldnt go much on pics on here, all the cars are clean so a camera will find it hard to tell the difference between the finishes. Its more down to how good the camera and their operator is and also if the car has been machine polished or has swirls (my car looks a lot better now its been properly polished, more of a difference than any different wax made!). Go check our Detailing World and check out the reviews on there ;)

Exactlly Chris 90% of getting a good wet look finish is in the prep.A good machine polish to get rid of swirls,topped of with a good wax will really show.I have to agree with the P21s of R222 as it's called now,it's a really soft wax and would only use say for before a show to give a really wet look,it just does not last.

You will get a wetter look through putting say 2 or 3 layers on over a couple of days.

Another thumbs up for Dodo. Until you try it you cant compare it to anything else. I've tried Tech Wax, P21S and now onto Dodo SN2. Its in a completely different league. P21S comes close for gloss/wet look, but Dodo brings out the fleck more, lasts waaaaaay longer (main gripe with P21S is it only last a month tops). You will not be disapointed with Dodo :thumbs:

Also, I wouldnt go much on pics on here, all the cars are clean so a camera will find it hard to tell the difference between the finishes. Its more down to how good the camera and their operator is and also if the car has been machine polished or has swirls (my car looks a lot better now its been properly polished, more of a difference than any different wax made!). Go check our Detailing World and check out the reviews on there ;)

I do mine once a month with P21s but I do reckon it last longer otherwise I don't think the colour would of deepened as much

P21s is what I used on my Azure but I found the Autoglym SRP followed by the Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection lasted way longer and had a deeper shine. The trade off is the EGP leaves a white dust on your cloths at the removal stage that can static back onto the paintwork and the EGP needs to be on the car for a couple of hours to 'set' before buffing to perfection. I even recon the Autoglym products give a superior finish to that of the Chemical Guys Wet Dream (WET MIRROR FINISH ULTRA SLICK NON-STICK GLOSS MAGNIFIER) That's what they call it! I used some of this stuff on my new Z and it's okay but not deserving of their hype. I tried Collinite too and found it a bugger to use. I have a whole tin sat in the shed virtually untouched.

Paints4u do a cracking stone chip repair kit. I use it on the biggest stone chips on my car and its the first kit I've found that perfectly matches GM. The kits come with excellent little applicators that mean you dont blob the paint in, you just put the bare minimum in. Works very well.