best wax for azure??

LRF4N

cheers guys, help is appreciated. had a look on i4detailing and noticed they got a blue wax as well- blue velvet, any ideas if this is better than purple haze? how much difference do the different colours add?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers guys, help is appreciated. had a look on i4detailing and noticed they got a blue wax as well- blue velvet, any ideas if this is better than purple haze? how much difference do the different colours add?

Very minimal differences tbh. Try sending Matt@i4detaling (7MAT is his username) a PM and see what he says. I'm sure there was a post about which of the waxes suited which colours.

Blue velvet is a hard wax whereas the purple haze is a soft wax, so for ease of use the purple haze will be the better option. I use the blue velvet a few times a year but find that while the results are stunning, it takes a lot of effort to use so i use a soft wax to top up on a weekly/fortnightly basis.

• 3 weeks later...

quick update on the wax- decided to go for purple haze dodo juice. looked ok when i buffed it off but after washing it a few days later is when i realised the quality of the stuff, water run off and beading is amazing n thats only with one layer. hopefully get a couple more on before santa pod!

only complaint is u cant see it while ur applying it lol but happy with the results

i was waitin for that response, and i knew it was gonna come from u stew lol

my camera doesnt do it justice- wait til adam uses his uber camera or even better- organise a north meets west meet and il show u it in person lol

.... i wont be able to make it to the hoon sorry lol

i was waitin for that response, and i knew it was gonna come from u stew lol

my camera doesnt do it justice- wait til adam uses his uber camera or even better- organise a north meets west meet and il show u it in person lol

.... i wont be able to make it to the hoon sorry lol

A joint meet is in the pipeline! Well in my head.... Expect details when I've talked it over with Jay!

Just take some pics and put them up! :p I'm in the office looking at a dirty landrover right now! :thumbdown:

Adam once said that my car was the shiniest he'd shot so you have a challenge......

Azure_350Z_6_by_ARphotographs.jpg

Azure_350Z_1_by_ARphotographs.jpg

Azure_350Z_4_by_ARphotographs.jpg

Is it that shiney? Look at the sky to see how dull it was that day too.......

quick update on the wax- decided to go for purple haze dodo juice. looked ok when i buffed it off but after washing it a few days later is when i realised the quality of the stuff, water run off and beading is amazing n thats only with one layer. hopefully get a couple more on before santa pod!

only complaint is u cant see it while ur applying it lol but happy with the results

:thumbs:

With regard to not being able to see it, I find that the best thing to do is get close to the car and look across it, that way you should be able to see the paint is murky where you have applied the wax. It can be difficult sometimes to see it, but at least it means you arent applying too much!

well heres the result, mirror shine and flakes galore. u impressed stew? lol

when i 1st started this thread i said i used to used megs tech wax which i loved. in comparison i think the dodo juice gives more waterproof-ness, more flaky-ness and is easier to take off. however tech wax is easier to app;y and gives a more glossy or wet look shine. and its cheaper but prob doesnt last as long. overall i think i prefer dodo juice but u can only admire the results in the sun or good light whereas tech wax results showed even when it was cloudy

14062009102.jpg

14062009105.jpg

14062009103.jpg

well heres the result, mirror shine and flakes galore. u impressed stew? lol

when i 1st started this thread i said i used to used megs tech wax which i loved. in comparison i think the dodo juice gives more waterproof-ness, more flaky-ness and is easier to take off. however tech wax is easier to app;y and gives a more glossy or wet look shine. and its cheaper but prob doesnt last as long. overall i think i prefer dodo juice but u can only admire the results in the sun or good light whereas tech wax results showed even when it was cloudy

You could always top the Dodo off with some tech wax if you want the wet look back ;) Thats the beauty of detailing, you can mix and match products to get the desired effect.

thanks gents. yea chris i was thinkin of getting some more tech wax for on top and alternating them everytime i wax. or even both if i get the time lol. its only around £17 a bottle

• 2 weeks later...
I think i am going to get some dodo juice purple haze but do i need any dodo lime prime lite ?? will that help at all :wacko::D

Lime prime might make a difference. I haven't used it myself but heard (and seen) that it's very good.