How to disable the Zed?

IanS16

I know I may seem a little paranoid but this evening but my girlfriend has just told me that there is a car that keeps stopping outside my Zed and having a look. Now usually I love the attention but it just seems a bit weird so I'm a bit scared that they are looking to steal it.

What I want to know is how to disable the Zed without disconnecting the battery?

I've disconnected the MAF sensor so that it won't rev properly (tried it ages ago when fitting an air filter) and also disconnected the accelerator at the loom. Is there a fuse I can take out for the starter motor or something?

Obviously I dont want to strip the car and need to know where everything goes again in the morning to get to work.

Any help would be appreciated.

I wouldn't worry tbh.

Remember the thread where someone was locked out the car, keys inside and even the AA/RAC guy said that he could only get in by breaking a window.

I'm sure you'd hear that and I'm sure they wouldn't be that stupid to do something like that.

Just don't leave anything inside the car, which would offer itself for stealing.

I wouldn't worry tbh.

Remember the thread where someone was locked out the car, keys inside and even the AA/RAC guy said that he could only get in by breaking a window.

I'm sure you'd hear that and I'm sure they wouldn't be that stupid to do something like that.

Just don't leave anything inside the car, which would offer itself for stealing.

Yeah I remember that story :lol:

I'm sure it'll be okay, thanks guys :thumbs:

Oh and mark, steering lock is firmly locked on already ;)

I think he slept in the car with one eye open :teeth::teeth:

Honestly Ian, just invest in a top spec Clifford alarm system or similar +/- tracking device.

I have a trackstar plus for sale ;) cheap!

How much?

Yeah guys, I just went to bed in then end and slept with one eye open :lol:

I disconnected the MAF (so it revs like f*ck), disconnected the accelerator at the loom and put a steering lock on it.

Think I'll be going the tracker route.

Also, thanks Bullet, removal of that fuse could come in handy :D

She was there when I woke up :drive1

Buy a new steering wheel with a removable boss. Click the steering wheel off, jobs a good un.

But you don't 'alf look a prat when you go out in the morning and get in the car with the latest girlfriend and realize you've left the steering wheel under the bed :lol: