ARB's which ones ????????

Bry

Anyone got any input on which Anti roll Bars would be best suited to the Z

Cusco

Nismo

Eibach

HR

Whiteline

Would prefer them to be pretty stiff compared to stock so I get minimal body roll

Any other suspension mods?

Moved

Not got the car yet just amassing parts ready to put on when I do get it but I will be fitting Lowering springs (prob Eibach) :) as well as pillowball suspension arms

Would prefer them to be pretty stiff compared to stock so I get minimal body roll

Daft question perhaps, and forgive me if this sounds too harsh, but do you actually know exactly how a stiffer set of ARBS will effect the handing of your car? It's not always a good thing to have really stiff bars...

Daft question perhaps, and forgive me if this sounds too harsh, but do you actually know exactly how a stiffer set of ARBS will effect the handing of your car? It's not always a good thing to have really stiff bars...

yes perfectly aware, made that mistake in the past :bang::)

Hi mate, check out my review on the Cusco set up here!

http://forums.**REMOVED**.com//index.p ... opic=22588

That was great info, very impressed with what you've done. Where did you get your Cusco ARB's :)

Envy performance via Sarah. I would recomend the Powergrid endlinks to go with them too! z1 sell the endlinks.

Great, thanks for your help :)

1. what year is your car

2. what are your intended uses for the car?

3. what other suspension mods are you planning on doing?

Street use with the odd trackday

Springs, pilloball suspension arms

1. what year is your car

The Cusco work well (I have them on my car). Downsides are the cost, and they are not very adjustable (only 2 way up front, rear is not adjustable at all).

Hotchkis are far and away the most popular here in the states. 4 way adjustable up front, 3 way out back and only around $350 for the pair + shipping to the UK (not much to ship either). Paired with the endlinks, it makes for a great setup

Running RS-R sports*i coilovers, nismo ARB's, Cusco toe and camber arms, powergrid endlinks and the car feels like its on rails, even on wet welsh country roads.... If you are going for new ARB's make sure you get the adjustable ones, not all are...

I went for the suspension first, ARB's next, Cusco arms and then powergrid end links and noticed a difference for the better at every change..

Wasnt there an issue with the (Cusco?) Pillowball mounts for the zed?

1. what year is your car

The Cusco work well (I have them on my car). Downsides are the cost, and they are not very adjustable (only 2 way up front, rear is not adjustable at all).

Hotchkis are far and away the most popular here in the states. 4 way adjustable up front, 3 way out back and only around $350 for the pair + shipping to the UK (not much to ship either). Paired with the endlinks, it makes for a great setup

Im very tempted by the Hothkis ones myself, i think the Z with aftermarket spring would benefit a lot from tunable ARBs...

Could you pm me a price shipped for the hotchkis setup adam please!

After speaking to Adam I went for the Hotchkis kit consisting of springs and ARB'S all round.

Apart from the visual impact I didn't notice much change on the road at first. The car felt a bit stiffer but it’s hard to approach anything like the limit of such a capable car on public roads. On a practical note I've had no issues clearing speed bumps and the car is as comfortable as ever, unless the road surface is particularly poor. My girlfriend said 'she couldn't tell the difference' so maximum points to Hotchkis on the boob test.

Now for the sexy bit;

I took the car to my first trackday on the weekend (Bedford) and despite never tracking the car on stock suspension I was amazed at how little roll there was through the corners.

It felt fantastic committed to fast 3rd and 4th gear corners, you could really feel the G-force through the seat and this was no doubt a result of the excellent body control…. Rather than my driving :drive1

Everyone I took for a lap (or three) commented on the abundance of grip and body control through the corners, it certainly got the thumbs up on the track. Driving home I flicked the cruise on and the she settled in comfy GT mode as if nothing had happened.

Obviously some decent coilovers will move the game on but the Hotchkis kit is fantastic value for money and in my limited experience a great kit in its own right. It's certainly not crashy or jarring over our UK 'B roads' which was a slight concern of mine when I first ordered the kit.

I hope this helps,

Matt

..I hope this helps,

Matt

Why does everyone feel a need to help me spend my money!!!

OK Adam, group buy has been mentioned earlier

How much would 5 (sets Hotchkis) landed at UK postcode GU51 2RS be in total?