My new White 350z!!! *MORE PICS ADDED*

S1 HNK

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Might have been asked before, but how does it cope with stone chips? I'd quite fancy getting mine done as I commute so much and fancy a nice colour like red or white, but my car is chipped to buggery! Wouldnt want dimples all over the place but equally dont want to have to respray those bits just to cover it up :lol:

here are more pics, will do some really good ones when i borrow my friends camera. Work was carried out by Totally Dynamic based in Bradford. Top bunch of lads there. Cost wise, i did get it a bit cheaper because of a contact but it would be around the £900 +vat. Its not a cheap option but it was alot cheaper than a respray and a change of car :lol: The more i have it, the more i am impressed, no one at work could guess and didnt believe when i told them it wasnt painted. Told the insurance company and no probs there, have sent off v5 to dvla so now all above board.

You got any pictures of your tailgate underside, doors open etc? i.e. where all the shuts are?

sorry rob, will try and go some. They go about an inch inside. To be honest being black underneath looks good but if it was any other colour then this would be an issue. They had an aston in which was having all the door shuts and everything done also but it is very time consuming and obviously adds to the cost significantly

Might have been asked before, but how does it cope with stone chips? I'd quite fancy getting mine done as I commute so much and fancy a nice colour like red or white, but my car is chipped to buggery! Wouldnt want dimples all over the place but equally dont want to have to respray those bits just to cover it up :lol:

The vinyl is tougher than i thought although being white and black underneath it will show up. I am going to see how i get on over a few months then if it is a problem I am going to have a clear film put over the front bumper to protect further. Other than that i will just have the bumper re-wrapped every 8 months or so :thumbs:

the roof is the black paintwork, i did think about matt black but the gloss blends into the rear screen really well.

I'll have to get some night shots, at dusk with the lights on it looks B)

And the best thing compared with black... its been two days now and it still looks clean :teeth:

I think Chris is asking if the vinyl will sink into the stone chips already in his paint or if it stretches over them so it looks smooth

The vinly doesnt show up the stone chips underneath, i had quite a few dents on my doors and you dont notice them at all. Because its not as high gloss as paint it doesnt show off any identations.

Its such a shame i cant make it to wales to show everyone (friends wedding :yawn: ) but if anyone is local and wants a closer look then just let me know :thumbs: