US Ebay Exhaust's

nurrish

The one pictured is a copy of an HKS(????) I think.

You either get a bargain or a sack of crap. It's a gamble.

Yup HKS knock off. Reports of them rusting easily on my350z :)

that HKS copy was on ebay UK few weeks ago for about £175 I think. a member on here installed it but ended up paying £100 or so for fitting as it needed modification. not sure about the quality though

first one is same as the K1 and buy the time you pay shipping costs to the uk and import duty it will probably cost you more. you can get it delivered to yuor house from CS for about £360

and the HKS one is a copy, but there not ripples in the metal there grease prints from where people have been handling them. again there in the UK for less, but factor in fitting as it will need modifying. as for life expectancy, you get what you pay for, it may not last as long as the real HKS but it will probably do the same job. think of it as a performance exhaust built from standard materials i would say after 6 years it might need replacing or repairing.

stay away, they are rubbish at the end of the day (that's garbage for all you Brits ;)

Sure the price is cheap, but the company has no meaningful warranty program, and why support a blatant copy of something? If Kia made a car that looked just like a 350Z, but wasn't quite one, would you buy it? It's not like they made any improvements to the system they copied. Furthermore, time is money - why bother going through the hassle of buying it, waiting for it, fitting it, then having to get it repaired, or replaced down the road for something proper - just to save a few dollars? In the long term, is that ultimately worth it?

The first is not a copy of the K1 - the K1 is a copy in and of itself lol

This is the problem with the industry as a whole - copies beget copies beget copies, to the point where the originators don't even have the time, resources or interest in developing new products, for fear of falling victim to it. Since the firms doing the copies have neither the skill, nor interest, in developing a truly unique product on their own what are we left with?

stay away, they are rubbish at the end of the day (that's garbage for all you Brits ;)

Sure the price is cheap, but the company has no meaningful warranty program, and why support a blatant copy of something? If Kia made a car that looked just like a 350Z, but wasn't quite one, would you buy it? It's not like they made any improvements to the system they copied. Furthermore, time is money - why bother going through the hassle of buying it, waiting for it, fitting it, then having to get it repaired, or replaced down the road for something proper - just to save a few dollars? In the long term, is that ultimately worth it?

The first is not a copy of the K1 - the K1 is a copy in and of itself lol

This is the problem with the industry as a whole - copies beget copies beget copies, to the point where the originators don't even have the time, resources or interest in developing new products, for fear of falling victim to it. Since the firms doing the copies have neither the skill, nor interest, in developing a truly unique product on their own what are we left with?

Adam, I hope I have read your post correctly for fear of making an idot of myself but did you say the K1 is a copy? What is the original k1 style exhaust?

that HKS copy is for sale on ebay at the moment, its not to far away from me and usually sells for around £170, there are major fitment issues with it and costs quite alot to get it to fior right, think there was someone on here that bought one

Cheap chinese crap copy..... Inferior materials etc...

6 years rtbiscuit?? In the uk?? Some of the crap in the US have lasted 8 months...

Buy cheap, buy twice...............

End of personal rant!!

To the op, its your money so go with what your happy with!

• 4 months later...

Hi,

It sure does help to do a bit of a search. I was gunna give this a try. So you've saved me a shed load of trouble and money... :thumbs:

The come up on ebay alot and look the part advertised as "KSR" or "X02", on youtubre as well.

Really want the HKS dual-Ti, But its expensive. I've used HKS before on a 200SX that had nothing, but HKS and never had 1 issue. Every part fitted 1st time every time. So you get what you par for.

I'll put up and shut and get a gen 1.... Just have to wait a bit longer and sneak it past the guard...(Girlfriend) :lol: