Its written off!!! **Update Page 5**

Madmarky

Feel really down at present but i thought id keep you posted. Engineer just phoned me to confirm they have infact written my car off due to uneconimical loss. Got too work out figures and stuff but at first glance it looks like this:

Bodyshop quote to reapir vehicle is £16,800

Based on insurance company only valuing car at £12000 (which i have to convince otherwise) i would be able to by the car back for £6240 giving me the rest of the money to try reapir.

However i can do a contract repair which is where the insurance company gives me a sum towards the repair, this sum being around £7750 and i get someone to repair it. This also stops it being declared as a CAT C write off.

These figures may change if they agree to value the car higher but its still gonna be a write off in terms of my insurance paying out fully for reapirs.

Have asked for a full inspection report so i can work out what parts are needed. Just hope i can find a resolution which doesnt involve losing over 20K on this car.

:bounce::bounce::bounce:

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bloody hell, cant believe that!

It always suprises me how little damage is needed to write off a car. I had a leon cupra r and went up a kerb off a main road. Car looked fine but was written off!

Good luck with trying to get as much as you can, but its such a shame with all the effort you've put into modding the Z :thumbdown:

Sorry to hear this mate.

Only thing you should consider as Martin said, is that the repair will have been priced up using RRP prices and not what you could get the bits for. I am sure between the traders on here you could get it sorted for the £7k, but obviosly you'd need the parts list to verify and also tht there is no other major damage.

That's gutting news mate but as others have said, no doubt you could put it back together for a lot less than quoted, however for a quote of £16k imo there must have been more than just cosmetic damage done to the car.

Yeah Chirs and Martin, its based on RRP on the parts and we all know how inflated Nissan parts are. Im hoping theres light at the end of the tunel. I have requested a copy of the inspection report so i can work out exactly what parts i need to source.

Sorry to hear this mate.

As Andy said sounds to be more damage than body panels.Possibly bent the chassis.

There is no chassis Damage. All the damage is to suspension parts. Having spoke to the bodyshop breifly its clear how quickly they come to that value. I havent got a full list of parts required yet but here is a few high priced items that stand out:

They valued my wheel at £1000 per wheel and tyre and it needs 3 wheels, so i guess they make that £3000.

Bonnet and bumper will be around £1200

It needs a power steering pump whihc RRP is £800 +Vat

So already we are at £5000+ and thats not even looking at the other suspension parts we knew needed replacing, fitting and spraying.

Im sure i can get it fixed for the amount the insurance company will give it back to me based on a contract reapir, just gonna take time to source the best parts etc.

But the bright side is with the knowledge and traders on these forums will help me get the best i can.