Carbon Style rear strut bar cover - Dream Customz

P15UL T

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If someone can tell me how to get the cover off I'd be up for one of these!

Whats the turnaround time like?

Just me and my dad got a photoshoot set up for our cars in the next couple of weeks and would need it back for then if possible....

If someone can tell me how to get the cover off I'd be up for one of these!

Whats the turnaround time like?

Just me and my dad got a photoshoot set up for our cars in the next couple of weeks and would need it back for then if possible....

hi Ross, a couple of guys have manage to get there off pretty easy buy pulling away the panel round about it, they are help on with popper clips and can be pulled off them clipped back on, turn around time is only a couple of days

fell free to drop me a pm and we can sort out payment etc

cheers

Paul

Think I'll be in the list after Wales!

Whats the finish like? It looks like unlaquered CF, is that what it looks like in real life? I like the idea of a carbon dash but dont want it to be shiney. Guess I will find out at Wales :thumbs:

hi Chris, the finish has a satin sheen to it, not glossy like the laquared carbon you get

heres a picture of the dash done (not my own work but using the same material)

s3.jpg

Whats the finish like? It looks like unlaquered CF, is that what it looks like in real life? I like the idea of a carbon dash but dont want it to be shiney. Guess I will find out at Wales :thumbs:

hi Chris, the finish has a satin sheen to it, not glossy like the laquared carbon you get

s3.jpg

I like that a lot. And that comes from probably one of the only members with no carbon fibre on their car!

that looks great mate, do you reckon its possible to do the door pocket things with the window controls on, as mine are scratched to buggery. thats the only reason i want to cover parts of the interior, same with the steering wheel controls also got scratches on, i think the previous owner was a bobcat. :dry:

might also need the centrew console doing as i have a new cubby on the way and i fear it might be a different colour.

so prices on those bits would be great :teeth:

Looks good to me. Is the finish textured or smooth? Sorry hard to tell from the pic. Looks the nutts though. Probably get the centre console covered and maybe the bit over the transmission tunnel (armrest bit). Reckon you could do that? Will get some other bits flocked and it will look the nutts :thumbs: So reckon you can do my lights and that at the hoon on a night? ;):lol:

that looks great mate, do you reckon its possible to do the door pocket things with the window controls on, as mine are scratched to buggery. thats the only reason i want to cover parts of the interior, same with the steering wheel controls also got scratches on, i think the previous owner was a bobcat. :dry:

might also need the centrew console doing as i have a new cubby on the way and i fear it might be a different colour.

so prices on those bits would be great :teeth:

+1 on the door areas where the window controls are, my are crap. If you could do those paul, on the same basis as the cover (i.e. a few quid and then send the old ones to you i would go for that straight off).

hi guys, well this has proven very popular :teeth:

to try and answer as many questions as i can

i will be able to do most of the interior parts, i have done the bottom of the doors cards and found due to the complexity of curves and contures that its requires a couple of joins, one is inside the pocket and isnt reall noticable and the other is at the bottom on the underside and agin isnt really noticable.

i would say the material is slightly textured

yes i am hoping to get to wales and the scottish meet but the car is in the body shop getting some surgery and will hopefully be ready in time

i have around 10 strut bar covers coming my way and also a piece of dash, so i think that will take up most of my stock of material, i will order some more this week end and will be good to go again for more orders the week after

pm me for anymore details and i will try my best and get a individual price list of parts up over the weekend

cheers Paul :)

s3.jpg

I like that a lot. And that comes from probably one of the only members with no carbon fibre on their car!

+1 :thumbs:B)

I'm trying to keep mine standard (so it will be unique ;) ) and you lot keep putting all this carbon in front of me :headhurt: