What made you walk away from the Z you didn't buy?

paradyne

I jumped on 2 planes and flew from France to Lithuania via Denmark.

Looked at 9 used Z's over 2 days driving 750 kms around Lithuania in the snow, some had scratched paint, some had panel gaps that didn't look right :bangin: , some did not have a proper service history and some had a worn interior :bang: .

I ended up buying the first :doh: Z I looked at :thumbs:

Then paid for the Z and after checking the oil and water etc, :drive1 the 1,500 miles back over a day and a half to the UK with my Z :yahoo:

The first one I viewed i initially really liked, but the garage were asking FAR to much, plus it had been sitting in the forecourt for 2 months and still had the previous owners dog hairs in the back, and it had "Jim" written on the rear strut in those crappy halfords silver letter....i left quite promptly.

R

I got an 06 roadster for 48 hours from Nissan, fell in love with it, realised I couldn't afford one, then got my 54 coupe some time later. It was the only sensible mileage UK car I could afford at the time, but I'd spent so long looking at them I'd decided I actually preferred the look of the standard wheels and had formulated all sorts of plans for (still in the planning stage) aftermarket bits and bobs that the other GT pack items seemed fairly redundant.

It was a bit of an impulse purchase because my Celica was on a downward oil-drinking spiral and I'd just told the Toyota garage to "Stop lying to me, stop trying to rip me off, stop f**king me about and if you can't help me, just f**king say so!" in front of many of their customers. Thought I might not be allowed back, so I drove to Worcester and found my Z. Spent 5 hours haggling until the deal was too good to refuse and the rest is history! :teeth:

-Test drove a brand spanking new one with Nismo's and Nismo kit from Westway Nissan in Birmingham; Proceeded to smash it up on the test drive by the blues ground :blush::lol:

- Put a deposit of £500 on a silver one down in Bristol. Came home, realised it was an import and that I didn't like silver, cue 2 months of getting my deposit back from the credit card people :bangin:

- Saw a kuro one in Stanstead, loved it, was ready to transfer the cash, HPI'd it and found out there was finance still outstanding on it :nono:

- Eventually bough my kuro from London based on an ad with no pics :D

Drove quite a few before deciding on getting another brand new car. Some that I looked at (they'd only been out a few months here then - 5 odd years ago), had broken drivers seats, gross rims, nicks and dings all over them, wrong colour/not LMS, not been serviced and maintained properly. I shan't go on. :p

Test drove loads before i buy my brand new 08 Z roadster a year later. An 06 Z coupe (good), boxter s (better), cayman s (the best), bmw coupe 335i (the choice if i had kids), s2000 (defo not), z4 3.0i (boring), slk 350 (too mature), tt 3.2 quattro (hair dresser's car), lancer evo 360 (amazing chav-mobile), and last a maserati spyder 4200gt (the beauty and the beast in a single package) which i bought.

I wrote it off a year later and a small flat poorer and bought da Z. Sensible choice and it wasnt love at first sight as with the italian beauty...but ended up more like a deep love that becomes stronger with time.... :cloud9:

God i am so romantic..... :lol:

The first I looked at had a rattle in the engine, Guy in the garage told me " Yea these are a little cammy" :lol:

Later it went on to be "That is just a bit of piston slap" Yea right !!!!!

At this point I told him I build engines for a living and this one is not well, he hastily knocked £1000 of the price as I was getting back in my car.

Bought the second one I viewed.

Regards

Tony

i bought mine without ever seeing one in the flesh, i did some research on here and ended up buying the first one that became available in the for sale section, got the train down to birmingham not realising that the zed only had 2 seats :doh: ....(that was an interesting conversation with the missus :lol: ) and met the forum member.......didnt realy like him :lol::lol::lol: but he threw me the key and let me drive the Z up the bypass :teeth: SOLD :thumbs:

Paul

Saw the first one in a Volvo dealer in Hook, the salesman knew nothing about them. It was about the right price and gorgeous azure. Unfortunately it was a non-GT (but with 18" wheels) was 3000 miles short of a P3 and all 4 tyres needed replacing. The salesman wouldn't move on the price so I walked. It was still there a month later but I assume they shifted it eventually.

Saw one at Nisan Dealer in Bognor Regis, took it for a test drive and didn't like it.

Apart from that, the condition of the car was quite poor.

Didn't know why I even tried to haggle the price down at, but after an hours worth of haggeling and getting nowhere, it was when the salesman said

"You didn't travel 130 miles and then not buy a car..."

I replied "Well, looks like I did....Bye"

Saw the second one near Coventry and this time it was a private sale, people were friendly and it was the missus' car.

It ticked all the boxes and I was over the moon driving away (straight to a Shell for fuel mind, lol)