from black to white

S1 HNK

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/6518/b ... -or-white/

My friends just had his rs4 done and it looks B)

Granted not as good as a respray but nowhere near the cost and you can peel it off when you want to sell it.

Mine is going in in two weeks time so i'll post the pics up once its done.

I know the guy so got a 'special' price and thought why not. They can do a carbon fibre vinyl so i'm having the roof in that and the centre part of my front lip.

Cant wait to see the results

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/6518/bmw-vinyl-wrap-it-dont-matter-if-youre-black-or-white/

My friends just had his rs4 done and it looks B)

Granted not as good as a respray but nowhere near the cost and you can peel it off when you want to sell it.

Mine is going in in two weeks time so i'll post the pics up once its done.

I know the guy so got a 'special' price and thought why not. They can do a carbon fibre vinyl so i'm having the roof in that and the centre part of my front lip.

Cant wait to see the results

So if you're not getting 'mates rates' what does it cost for a Z then.? :thumbs:

£1K is a healthy mates rate, seeing as how they advertise an average size family car from £1500 +VAT! :blink:

I doubt you'd see much change from £2K on the Zed, dependant on what kind of vinyl you went for. Shame it's so pricey, as I'd love to do something like that to mine for the annual Le Mans pilgrimage.

Looks good, and like the idea of it. However have been quoted £1500 for a respray if the paint work is in good condition, and less than £2k for repairing all the chips and dents. That's with me helping to strip the car and panels off such as bumper to save on labour. I just know if I had a plastic covering on my car I'd eventually start picking at it :blush:

Where do you stand with polishing and waxing? Do you still have to?

Looks good, and like the idea of it. However have been quoted £1500 for a respray if the paint work is in good condition, and less than £2k for repairing all the chips and dents. That's with me helping to strip the car and panels off such as bumper to save on labour. I just know if I had a plastic covering on my car I'd eventually start picking at it :blush:

I take your point, and as i said its nowhere near as good as a paint job. 2k seems very cheap but the only reason i'm not painting it is for the resale and all the other probs attached. I'm not treating this as a long term option, maybe have it on for a year or two max then i'd be looking to change the car anyway.

Waxing and polishing isnt really needed anymore, i'm sure a layer of wax cant do any harm. I've moved in to a flat now so car cleaning has become more difficult which was another factor that swayed me into it.

I take your point, and as i said its nowhere near as good as a paint job. 2k seems very cheap but the only reason i'm not painting it is for the resale and all the other probs attached. I'm not treating this as a long term option, maybe have it on for a year or two max then i'd be looking to change the car anyway.

Waxing and polishing isnt really needed anymore, i'm sure a layer of wax cant do any harm. I've moved in to a flat now so car cleaning has become more difficult which was another factor that swayed me into it.

What other probs attached to respray? I'm only asking out of interest, not criticising :) Sure there's benefits to both, and it seems very reasonable if you want to change colour on a more temporary basis. Would like to see the job in the flesh. Where abouts in Cheshire are you for when you get it done?

From £750 for a colour here.... http://www.carbonskin.co.uk/prices.html also prices for other options...

Also, Bundus was speaking to another company that was willing to a GB for 5 cars....

I would love this colour:

large_15.jpg

I saw a photo of a zed at the 'ring in that colour (Matte black?) and it's sick! B)

Or I wouldn't mind seeing what a white zed with black roof would look like on a zed?

bmw-vinyl_08.jpg

Let me know if they can organise a GB, if not I will get my car detailed next month :)

From £750 for a colour here.... http://www.carbonskin.co.uk/prices.html also prices for other options...

Also, Bundus was speaking to another company that was willing to a GB for 5 cars....

I would love this colour:

large_15.jpg

I saw a photo of a zed at the 'ring in that colour (Matte black?) and it's sick! B)

Or I wouldn't mind seeing what a white zed with black roof would look like on a zed?

bmw-vinyl_08.jpg

Let me know if they can organise a GB, if not I will get my car detailed next month :)

All been done before! ;)

myzed.jpg

Black top!

Loweredshop1.jpg?t=1234502803

shame i cant get pearl white cos that looks B)

matt black as my other option but i thought from a distance it will just look like i havent polished my car for a few years where at least the white is going to be about as stark contrast as i can get.

Cant decide whether to do the roof and centre of my front lip in carbon, matt black or leave gloss back?

that look great :) im looking forward to seeing how it turns out...

1 question thought....surely stone chips will destroy the vinyl...? I drive about 60 miles aday and would love to get this but my bumper on my celica already looks like a 14 year old with a serious achne problem...one the vinyl is penetrated by the stones i assume there wont be that much time before it starts 2 peel back...?

that look great :) im looking forward to seeing how it turns out...

1 question thought....surely stone chips will destroy the vinyl...? I drive about 60 miles aday and would love to get this but my bumper on my celica already looks like a 14 year old with a serious achne problem...one the vinyl is penetrated by the stones i assume there wont be that much time before it starts 2 peel back...?

Thats what would worry me, the number of stone chips I manage to pick up is rediculous, if it's strong enough to hold them off though I would be seriously tempted.