GTR costs discussion thread

bobby

I've got a spreadsheet with the service costs on - public knowledge as far as I know ......

Ditto + compulsory pre and after track check conditions and costings and servicing schedules etc for regular track use all in black and white.

Your NHPC should provide most of the required information.

One of my dads good mates bought a Vanquish a few years ago. He still moans about the cost of servicing it. Oh and his BONUS was £16mil last year!

What bank is he head of :boxing::boxing:

Not a (w)banker. Remember Aberdeen is the Oil Capital of Europe ;)

But if you're whinging about running costs, you can't afford to buy a supercar - even a 60K GTR. End of story - there was no way something with the performance of the GTR was going to be cheap to run.

No disrespect and without sounding like a complete and utter A$$HOL£, I could afford to buy 2 of these right now, and Id still be whinging about the running costs of it. Its a Nissan, fair play to performance but service charge is a joke, which ever wealthy level you look at it :dry:

But if you're whinging about running costs, you can't afford to buy a supercar - even a 60K GTR. End of story - there was no way something with the performance of the GTR was going to be cheap to run.

No disrespect and without sounding like a complete and utter A$$HOL£, I could afford to buy 2 of these right now

If we didn't know you Jay I'd be sitting thinking a$$hole! :lol::lol::lol:

No disrespect and without sounding like a complete and utter A$$HOL£, I could afford to buy 2 of these right now

:lol::lol::lol: after I typed it I thought "what a W@^ker" :lol::lol::blush:

No disrespect and without sounding like a complete and utter A$$HOL£, I could afford to buy 2 of these right now, and Id still be whinging about the running costs of it. Its a Nissan, fair play to performance but service charge is a joke, which ever wealthy level you look at it :dry:

One for you one for me then? :thumbs:

He is an a$$hole, he hasnt bought me an Aston yet :lol:

Well fair enough - everyone is entitled to whinge I suppose :rant::teeth: ... it is very British after all :p !

TBH, the servicing costs didn't look that scary to me - again comparing to my current GTR. It also gets done at least every 6K (My old VR4 and it's EVO siblings need a fettle every 4.5K :o), and I doubt I get much change from 600 odd pounds each time. Again they're not straight services - I'm forever having odds and sods fettled - but if you're used to forking that amount out each time, it won't be such a big shock with the new car. The 350 costs a lot less, so if I was going from that alone, it might be a bit more scary. And if I was an ex 911 owner, I'd still be saying 'well the bloody thing cost me half of what the Beetle did - so what if it costs a bit more to service! I'm still quids in and driving a proper car' :boxing::yahoo: !!!

As for track day inspections... how are they going to know? A good proportion of trackers remove or obscure their reg's when they go to play. Is the new car's ecu clever enough to talk to the satnav and record the fact that the car is doing a trackday? I know the jap cars do work out that they're on track and remove the speed limiter, but do they make a note of it? If the ECU does make a note of track work I suspect it won't be long before it can be hacked....

I ordered a new GTR but pulled out when the markets went bang, and I had to choose between financing a new business and the car. One of the things that made it a little bit easier was the knowledge that I'd be dying to take the car out on track, and I really couldn't afford to destroy something worth 60K. At least with the current R33 I can blat about the track every chance I can afford the time, and doing it in a 10-20K car is a whole lot less frightening in the event of an off!

Hopefully I'll be around to pick up some of those speculator disasters once the business is turning me into Sir Allen :#1:

Is the new car's ecu clever enough to talk to the satnav and record the fact that the car is doing a trackday?

I believe the answer is yes. It also logs oil temps and transmission temps - apparently if the transmission fluid temperature exceeds a certain level for a certain length of time this will also require a change at the post track inspection time, again all required to keep the warranty apparently.