Fuel Flap Help

Jotun

Hi guys,

I thought I'd see if anyone had any advice before I start breaking things by trying to fix this problem myself...

Anyway, my fuel cap does not sit very flush with the body of the car around it, you can almost get your fingers under it at the bottom. Has anyone else had this problem and is there some part of the hinge or something that I can adjust so it fits better? I have some pics below so you can hopefully see the issue.

Cheers

th_fuelcap1.jpg

th_fuelcap2.jpg

The plastic hinge is very flexable but do not blame me if you snap it off :lol:

There are a couple of screws that you will see with the flap open, try slackening them off and adjusting as required, but usually a good twist will realign it. Be Brave........

Alex.

The plastic hinge is very flexable but do not blame me if you snap it off :lol:

There are a couple of screws that you will see with the flap open, try slackening them off and adjusting as required, but usually a good twist will realign it. Be Brave........

Alex.

+1

I did that, all good now. :thumbs:

:scare: I have the same problem too, be interested to see the response to this!!

Mine's the same too although hardly noticable unless you are really looking. It's because the petrol cap is plastic and most 350zs' petrol cap does not sit flush.

mine's the same!

I also sloshed petrol on myself last time i filled it up...............but that'a another story. In fact when i stayed with martin he witnessed my filling up fiascos as he had to ask the shop people to turn the pump back on for me it took so long to fill! ha ha :blush:

mine's the same!

I also sloshed petrol on myself last time i filled it up...............but that'a another story. In fact when i stayed with martin he witnessed my filling up fiascos as he had to ask the shop people to turn the pump back on for me it took so long to fill! ha ha :blush:

:lol: :lol:

:doh:

Within the first week of having my car i noticed my fuel cap poking out or on the *iss. As in my picture you will notice two black screws. These will control the position of the cap centrally. I decided to get some tiny washers and one at a time pack behind the cap and adjusted the position in-line with the body work. Mine was really far out so i had to put a few washers behind and replace the original screw with a longer one. This is a fiddly job but it will work.

It now sits perfect. :D:D

Hope this help :thumbs::thumbs:

IMG_2148.jpg