I have arrived

350z.jpg

Bought this little number last week. A UK GT Coupe with Rays.

I finally parted with my beloved (and somewhat non standard) MR2 Turbo and began a search for the next thing.

Shortlist was a Boxster S, Chimaera, RX-8, STI-R, Evo 8 and various others - frankly the 350Z was only on the list as it was around the right cost and age....but it was pretty low down on it due to the weight and looks.

Test drove one and instantly fell in love (as soon as the traction control was off anyway).

She's sadly slower than the MR2 but as a package out of the box I can't be anything other than impressed by the outright grip, chassis rigidity and poise and third gear is just a revelation :)

I'll be off to Monza in a couple of weeks and Folembray in July so I'm much looking forward to find out if she behaves as well as I expect on the track.

So, hello to everyone - happy to be aboard

:D

Tom

Hi Tom & :welcome: to the forum. What year is your Zed?

She's a 1932 model according to the guy I bought her from - he worked out of an old phone box and had a somewhat eclectic dress sense but he can't of been all bad as he said he was some sort of medical professional - although I think that him putting it as "Saving mankind from DALEKS" was a bit thick. Frankly I've never even heard of it although it may be a variant of SARS.

:)

Nov 03 on a 53 plate......excuse my sense of humour btw!

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. A few owners on here track their cars and I believe you will be quite impressed. :D

Yeah from the way she drives I think she's going to behave much like a 911 on track and I am dying to find out :)

cheers for the warm welcome all

Tom

Welcome bud, did you say the z was low down the list on looks? :ban:

The only car on your list i would probably take another look at would be an evo 8.

Not one of those cars would turn heads like the 350 :thumbs:

+1. Eh? Boxster? RX8?

Hi mate :thumbs:

Behave like a 911 on track, was that your sense of humour again or am I missing something????? :bounce:

I just meant in terms of performance, chassis stiffness and weight rather than feeling anything like the same. I get a general on the road feeling that they'd put in a very similar lap.

Welcome bud, did you say the z was low down the list on looks? :ban:

Not one of those cars would turn heads like the 350 :thumbs:

Find this rather odd too - how can you (OP) not think the Z is a sexy car?! :headhurt:

Contentious I know - but it's grown on me and I bought one - if I was just looking to turn heads I'd dress like Carmen Miranda....again :D First time I saw one in the flesh was at an importers and they were lined up like sardines and pretty shabby to boot - a fairly soul destroying experience. The next one I saw in the flesh is parked on my drive now.

+1. Eh? Boxster? RX8?

Boxster S and RX8 are great drivers cars....ignore them at your peril ;) RX8 was just too underpowered for me and the Boxster S was the front runner....until I drove the Z. Boxster S is still quicker round a track btw.

Gerson, what drugs do you do? :lol:

Mostly court mandated prescription anti-psychotics since I bit the postman again :teeth:

Happy to be aboard btw and I loiter in the Southampton area so will probably turn up to a meet if there's one in the neighborhood.

Publishers Note

Gersen has for some time been controlled by his cat (Zebulon the Great) as part of a global feline conspiracy in climate control and the development of a paw operated can opener to render human kind redundant. As such his views do not necessarily represent those of the forum operators or any other sane and rational human being for that matter. If spotted, he should not be approached and law enforcement should be notified or at least advised to point and laugh.

afdbtest.cat-hat.jpg

Zebulon the Great using Mind Control Apparatus

This has been brought to you as an except from my latest book :- "Gersens' Outrageous Fabrications in the Field of Wave Mechanics, Boxes and Very Long Lunchbreaks" published by "Can I Have Some of What He's Smoking?" Enterprises.