New Z owner looking for advice....

Hi guys after many months of saving and searching i have now purchased my 57 plate Z coupe in Pearlescent white with 19" nismo alloys. Had it for just over a month, love it...

When i viewed the vehicle i was told it was a cat D, so ran a vehicle check on it to check there was no other hidden past. This confirmed that the vehicle was a cat D with no finance etc and all the dates matched up with the v5 dates. Happy days.

The cosmetic damage was an impact to the front left which the guy showed me that the panel and passenger door had been replaced, they had been replaced a bloke he knows who has done a really top job, you would never know unless told.

There is no service handbook with the vehicle but as it is only 15 months old i was planning to get a new handbook and start a full service history. Does anyone know where i can get a new handbook?

Also the airbag light remains on. He assured me the airbags had been replaced and the light just needed resetting. Any ideas on how this would be done?

Also will the 3 year warranty be affected because the cat D work was not done by nissan?

Any advice or experience would be greatly appriciated.

Many thanks

Steve Moore :drive1

Firstly :welcome: to the forum.

Have you tried asking Nissan about a service book? Dont you have any history on where the car was purchased from? If you give Nissan a call they may know wether it as been serviced or not.Not sure how this will affect the warranty. Going on how old it is it should have had its P1 service. ;)

Oh and :worthless:

:welcome:

I don't have a uk service book either - keep meaning to ask Nissan for one but never get around to it. Not sure about the warranty although i'm pretty sure Nissan would try to wriggle out of it if the work hasn't been done by their approved repairers.

Airbag reset is here.

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=3279&hilit=airbag

I should be sacked for forgetting about that Martin :blush:

Yes was it this car?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Nissan-350Z_W0QQi ... 240%3A1318

I missed the key fob :blush:;)

Just a thougt. third party warranties such as Tesco etc provide better overall coverage than the manufacturers ones, would the cat D status stop you taking out one of these.

Thanks for the replies.

Yes that was the one i bought didn't know it was on ebay i saw it on autotrader. I will get some better photo's and post them. A car park just doesnt do a Z justice.

I think i ill have to get the airbag checked out as my light stays on constantly.

I will phone nissan and check the p1 has been done and see if it can still be under warranty.

I'm also after an s2000 stubby aerial, anyone know anywhere i can buy one?

Thanks

Steve

There is no service handbook with the vehicle but as it is only 15 months old i was planning to get a new handbook and start a full service history. Does anyone know where i can get a new handbook?

Many thanks

Steve Moore :drive1

hi steve and :welcome: to the forum

I'll quote you this from a previous experience. my old man lost his audi A6 service book 2 years ago. it was an 02. I got landed with the job of sorting this out as you would expect :bang:

one thing that was on my side is that I knew were the car was serviced from new. all I had to do is buy a new service book from audi (i think it was about £25) and send it to the dealer to be stamped in retrospect. it was the same dealer who serviced the car since new though. I also managed to get all the service history printed out from them while I waited for the service book to be stamped (took 4 weeks by the way). was about 35 pages that included every bolt, light bulb ....etc that they have replaced since the car left Germany. typical German efficiency really.

so in short, you should be able to do that with your Zed. you just need to know where it was serviced. also ask for the print out. It will tell you details that the service book doesn't usually show.