We picked up the new GTR yesterday!!!

lulu!

:band:

looks nice, but i'd be worried about the service costs and other "hidden" costs. My boss at work cancelled his the other week as he has had enough of nissan, they provided no customer care nor made him feel like your family did. He is now the owner of a Gallardo spider.

Did i see you today driving through Shaftesbury????? B)B)B)B)B)B)

Not many S***GTR 's about :lol:

yes that was him alright (just checked with him)

as for the hidden costs, tbh when ordering any performance car there are going to be high running costs whatever make

Did i see you today driving through Shaftesbury????? B)B)B)B)B)B)

Not many S***GTR 's about :lol:

yes that was him alright (just checked with him)

as for the hidden costs, tbh when ordering any performance car there are going to be high running costs whatever make

I know what you mean, but i just feel nissan went about it all the wrong way. As much as i love it, it is still a nissan and not a ferrari as such and to have costs that are equal or in fact slightly more than a "supercar" i feel is wrong.

thats just awesome, i've given myself a 5 year timeline to get one, as i'm 21, about to buy a house, hopefully 5 years would be a good estimate. it'll go really quick i hope :D

I will join you in this! 5 years from now we can go for a cruise in our GT-R's :teeth:

I know what you mean, but i just feel nissan went about it all the wrong way. As much as i love it, it is still a nissan and not a ferrari as such and to have costs that are equal or in fact slightly more than a "supercar" i feel is wrong.

It was the complete uncertainty about running costs that stopped me from ordering, that and the fact for some still unknown and bizzare reason, you cant order a red car with the black and red leather in the UK.

I find it just crazy that there are cars being delivered to customers and still there is no definitive list of servicing costs, just tentative.

The car itself has been pitched as a track car from the off by Nissan, with the shouting about ring times, even going as far as handing cars over at 7:29 to comemorate the ring time. Yet take it near a track and you need to hand over several hundred quid for a post track inspection if you want to keep your warranty. You may as well rename the VDC switch "warranty" for all the good the off position is, and the costs of servicing over 36000 miles make the 911 turbo look positively cheap to run!

:band:

looks nice, but i'd be worried about the service costs and other "hidden" costs. My boss at work cancelled his the other week as he has had enough of nissan, they provided no customer care nor made him feel like your family did. He is now the owner of a Gallardo spider.

Have to agree with you Louis, lovely car though Lulu your father is a very lucky man, but how on earth can they justify the service costs is beyond me, as its close to Ferraris and Lambo's yet its a Nissan :headhurt:

What people in general forget here is

1. Nissan have made a supercar of sorts to beat every premium sports car maker

2. Nissan have made this car available on the road for 55k ish compared to 120k for other comparable performance cars. (not long ago..we were talking about possible 70k price???)

3. All people forget that a supercar beater from japan will have supercar maintainence. 55k price tag doesnt mean £300/yr service cost...(GTR does have a 6k mile service interval)

4. performance out of the box is bloody brilliant for the money!(cant find anything to take that away from nissan, except for crazy dragstrip launches screwing the tranny, that has been rectified by nissan so that you now have 'official' LC with the VDC on!!!)

5. Nissan already has its die hard GTR fan base world wide to make this product a success(first year allocation in general have been upto forecasts!)

6. Nissan has made sure that all HPC's up their game when it comes to dealing with GTR customers and most of them are quite happy. (ask the GTR owners!)

7. I dont work for Nissan. nor am i biased towards it. Just saying that the above points are always forgotten when people assess the GTR compared to other products in the market! I personally think that the product for what it is and who it is aimed at, is brilliant.

They do have some problems like the red car configuration....(made me keep my money in my pocket on that front). Nissan dealers in general are crap...but the HPC's have had to deal differently to keep their status(possibility of infinity dealership etc..so for us Z owners, there seems no escape from the crap! Standard service cost on GTR isnt too much...but the brakes need servicing regularly depending on use and it does cost big bucks.

Hi bobby I understand what you are saying, but Nissan parts dont warrant Ferrari price tag, nor do Nissan customer service come close to that of Ferrari, Porsche or Lambo customer care, hence amazes me how they can asked for similar service charge. If its half the price of the top supercars, then the service should be halved too. Its only half the price cos parts are cheaper than that of its competitors. Just my opinion, gorgeous car though and performance is spectacular, just shame of all hidden costs B)

1. Nissan have made a supercar of sorts to beat every premium sports car maker

But try to replicate any of these feats whereby they beat the othercars and your warranty does a houdini.

3. All people forget that a supercar beater from japan will have supercar maintainence. 55k price tag doesnt mean £300/yr service cost...(GTR does have a 6k mile service interval)

Strange then that the car they aimed it at (911 Turbo) appears to have running/servicing costs getting on for half that of the GT-R.

Exactly what are the front brake pads made of to warrant £821 +VAT ? Unicorn horn and mammoth tusk?

I suppose thats to be expected given the £388 + Vat cost of the transmission fluid every 18,000 miles. (porsches auto box at 120,000 miles) Thats obviously made of sweat from a cuban cigar rollers thigh and blue whale bluber).

Lulu is rightly proud and excited about her dad's new car so lets leave this thread for that and not p1ss on her parade, eh? I have split this so there is a separate thread for discussing ownership costs. :thumbs:

Looking great BTW, Lulu! B)

I'm with Lulu. It is stupidly fast and I think its now a lottery how long I hold on to my licence. I'm trying to rein it in, but overtaking is sensational. Servicing costs? Who cares! Now 7:27.56 from a stock UK 2009 car and suzuki-san says more to come......

Lulu (and your Dad) - Enjoy!

Lulu is rightly proud and excited about her dad's new car so lets leave this thread for that and not p1ss on her parade, eh? I have split this so there is a separate thread for discussing ownership costs. :thumbs:

Looking great BTW, Lulu! B)

:thumbs:

• 1 month later...