New forum discussion

Site looks great guys, very impressed :thumbs:

how long does it take before they 'bill' you? Never been got before - hopefully they missed me this time as well!

2 weeks I think but don't quote me!!!

14 days or it's not valid :)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have set a maximum image size in posts of 800 x 600 to prevent the forum being stretched (and buttons dissappearing over to the right) on standard screen resolutions of 1024x768.

Larger resolutions can of course take larger pics without this issue, so will look at auto resizing based on percentages in order to try and make images the optimum size for whatever resolution the reader is using. Not a two minute change, but will see if it can be added.

Will also look at reducing the gap between the last line of a post and the signature, as this appears to be causing some of the unnecessary spacing out. This may also apply to blank lines after and within quotes.

Have set a maximum image size in posts of 800 x 600 to prevent the forum being stretched (and buttons dissappearing over to the right) on standard screen resolutions of 1024x768.

Noooooo! Photobucket nicely resizes my images all to 1024x768 and now it says they are too big. Boooo :rant:

Who cares about those losers that live in the dark ages and have res @ 1024x768 or lower! :lol:

Noooooo! Photobucket nicely resizes my images all to 1024x768 and now it says they are too big. Boooo :rant:

Who cares about those losers that live in the dark ages and have res @ 1024x768 or lower! :lol:

Chris, my res is 1280 across and it still happens n- maybe its non-photobuckets that are the problem?

Is the search functionality working yet properly

I've been trying to find an old post of BigPhil's where he recommended wearing a glove to torque up the plenum bolts and there is no way i can find it :surrender:

Chris, my res is 1280 across and it still happens n- maybe its non-photobuckets that are the problem?

That will be the non photobucket ones. 1280*1024 is fine for me on my screens :p I think 1024*768 should be the limit as that matches up with Photobucket ;)

I'm having major issues with the time taken to load the screen back up after making a post. I timed it and it's taking about 2 minutes. Just flicking through the forum is not too bad but when I post it's awful. Not having any problems on other websites just this one - I almost don't want to post its annoying me so much! Any ideas?

I'm having major issues with the time taken to load the screen back up after making a post. I timed it and it's taking about 2 minutes. Just flicking through the forum is not too bad but when I post it's awful. Not having any problems on other websites just this one - I almost don't want to post its annoying me so much! Any ideas?

Strange one Nixy not having any problems myself :blush:

I'm having terrible time loading pages when I want to read a thread. Can take anything from 15 seconds to over a minute. Don't know if this is my Broadband connection or the site but its definitely spoiling my enjoyment. Just loading this thread took over a minute.

Just opened again to edit & it only took 10 seconds :yahoo:

just the usual via the system tools and also regularly run spyware blaster and AVG. The rest of the forum pages are fine and quick - its only the 'after posting' pages. (see you in another 2 mins!) :lol:

Download this and give it a clean. I dont like AVG either and from my experience that may well be the trouble. ;)

http://www.ccleaner.com/download

Also IE8 is out now ;)

just the usual via the system tools and also regularly run spyware blaster and AVG. The rest of the forum pages are fine and quick - its only the 'after posting' pages. (see you in another 2 mins!) :lol:

Download this and give it a clean. I dont like AVG either and from my experience that may well be the trouble. ;)

http://www.ccleaner.com/download

Also IE8 is out now ;)

Mine's fine after posting, but the site doesn't like running on IE8, has compatibility issues and runs in IE7 safe mode. Doesn't affect the wonderful new experience though.