would it be difficult to make my own spacers

elecious

or get my dad the engineer to do them?

From what ive seen they are just a round piece of metal with a few holes in sitting between the wheel and the car.

My dad has access to lots of different steels and other metals which could be used and the lathes to make them.

Would they actually be that difficult to make? or is there something more complicated about them that i cant see from photos?

just wondering :)

Well it's a tough one..... You can make them yourself and they'll be fine.

Or you could make them and your wheels fall off.....

People like Eibach invest time and money into research. I think it's worth paying for that to be honest.

depends on how good you are with CAD and what machinary & steel you have at hand.

If you have the right ones then you could design it in CAD but if your not great at them then just buy them

+1 - can your Dad make them hubcentric and gaurentee that they are spot on symetrical and will sit you wheels spot on central to the hub? If not then you will get judder at high speed and even worse might end up in the wheel falling off! :scare:

It's not the sorta thing i'd like to attempt myself, would you be 100% happy sitting at 100 mph+ with them on? Give cs a shout and he'll sort ya with some hubcentrics, the only way to go about it imo.

just thinking about it gets me worried if i made my own spacers. get them from CS. peace of mind

yeah you guys are right, more to consider than i thought really, to me they just looked like a round piece of metal with a few holes in :lol:

A boomerang is just a bit of wood.......

No matter how much I whittle sticks I can't get them to come back to me without the use of a dog.

depends on how good you are with CAD and what machinary & steel you have at hand.

If you have the right ones then you could design it in CAD but if your not great at them then just buy them

+1 - can your Dad make them hubcentric and gaurentee that they are spot on symetrical and will sit you wheels spot on central to the hub? If not then you will get judder at high speed and even worse might end up in the wheel falling off! :scare:

+1

or get my dad the engineer to do them?

From what ive seen they are just a round piece of metal with a few holes in sitting between the wheel and the car.

My dad has access to lots of different steels and other metals which could be used and the lathes to make them.

Would they actually be that difficult to make? or is there something more complicated about them that i cant see from photos?

just wondering :)

OFFTOPIC but.......

just out of interest would it be possible for your dad to mill/cast a replacement keyfob housing out of aluminum or similar, strange question i know :blush:

i am an engineer, and a teacher, and i would even attempt this.

only have to be out by 100th of a mm and you'll get wheel judder.

spacers are meant to be a last resort to a problem so if you want them i'd get proper mech cad machined ones, becaus at least f your wheel falls off you have someone to sue. :lol:

yeah you guys are right, more to consider than i thought really, to me they just looked like a round piece of metal with a few holes in :lol:

A boomerang is just a bit of wood.......

No matter how much I whittle sticks I can't get them to come back to me without the use of a dog.

:lol: lmao