Hi guys, im new ( scotland ) pics on page 2!

Hey folks. My names martin. Im 23, live in fife, scotland. its my home, only at weekends at the moment, and work in aberdeen mon to fri, and stay in a flat up there.

I just sold my Honda civic ek9 import type R daily driver last weekend....and drove down south in the early hours of this morning with my mate to go see a potential replacement - nissan 350z GT, which i ended up taking...in immaculate condition and has all GT refinements and low miles.

i had a really bad day today, but im not letting it shake me, becuase the car is mint, and it performed superb all morning, and on the test drive etc. but only 50-60 miles from home, the clutch gave in, and i had to get home via rac recovery truck....bummer :(

it will be getting paid for by garage, he was suprised as i was. just a pity, i needed the car for monday to get to work in aberdeen, as the 1.2 hired corsa i had last week was a traumatising experience!! im just wanting to keep things standard. i take it a nissan replacement is the only way to go yeh?

where can i get one at a decent price, and as soon as possible is critical! preferably someone might even know a garage local to fife, scotland that could sort this on a sunday for me??? long shot, but hey...

anyways...look forward to staying here for a while. the car is amazing, im in love with it, comfy, luxury, cruising, bus!!! quite quick too

i have 2 RX7 FD's too :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Martin and welcome to the forum mate.

I am sorry to here of your issues but perhaps I can help you with this.

Luckily for you I am just up the road in Perth and more luckily for you I have various 350Z clutch kits in stock from normal road use to full race.

If you want to stay stock then the one to fit is the Daiken Clutch Kit by parent company Exedy. This is what Nissan fit as OEM.

If I can help further then give me a shout.

Cheers,

Alex.

hey, and wow! i only went away to eat my dinner! ate nothing all day on the road lol. didnt expect such a warm welcome! thanks

alex...thanks for your info, didnt have any idea i could be helped from someone so local! im looking to have a stock replacement clutch, although, depending on variation however, im no foreigner to upgrade clutch kits. run a heavy triple on one of my rx7s

to be honest, im wanting to keep it stock, but if there is one that is the exact same feeling as stock but is stronger, then by all means...im all ears...

how would you go about sorting it with the dealer who i bought my car off. as he said he would credit the clutch cost, as long as it wasnt a nissan dealer cost ( which he assumes will be heavy )

are you a dealer of somekind?

and huuuuuuge favour if you are....are you available on sundays? im kinda buggered for work on monday, dont really want the time off

hey, and wow! i only went away to eat my dinner! ate nothing all day on the road lol. didnt expect such a warm welcome! thanks

alex...thanks for your info, didnt have any idea i could be helped from someone so local! im looking to have a stock replacement clutch, although, depending on variation however, im no foreigner to upgrade clutch kits. run a heavy triple on one of my rx7s

to be honest, im wanting to keep it stock, but if there is one that is the exact same feeling as stock but is stronger, then by all means...im all ears...

how would you go about sorting it with the dealer who i bought my car off. as he said he would credit the clutch cost, as long as it wasnt a nissan dealer cost ( which he assumes will be heavy )

are you a dealer of somekind?

and huuuuuuge favour if you are....are you available on sundays? im kinda buggered for work on monday, dont really want the time off

Maybe best to get the Dealer to contact me or I could quite easily contact him if you pm me the details.

I am not a dealer but I can help you with this.

This is not a quick fix so you can forget about tomorrow :surrender:

Once your Dealer has paid upfront then the work begins. :lol:

Plan your week to Aberdeen and when you return next weekend all should be good :thumbs:

Cheers,

Alex.

ah right.

il PM you over his details alex

i know a mate of mine needed to replace the clutch in his 350z when he had one last year. he had a stock replacement from nissan and his mate ( who unfortunately is now away travelling europe or something! :( ) fitted it in 4 hours...said it was a straight forward enough job

only problem is, the flatbed truck delivered it back to my grandparents house ( about half 7 / 8 oclock ) where i keep my other cars ( quite a bit of space ) it is not driveable.....at all! can take the clutch out while in 1st and it wont cut out! :( it would have to be done on my driveway or, i dunno..

if you could maybe milk the dealer a bit and say im needing a flywheel aswell. would that be possible? as i got hit with a couple extra charges today i wasnt expecting to pay, wud be nice to BS back hehe, but such was the condition of the bodywork and interior i didnt grumble much, i really wanted it.

:welcome:

Funnily enough the clucth in mine went about a week after i bought it. I was told its not uncommon for them to only last 40K miles (dont know how much yours has done tho) As shire said get a new flywheel done while you are there as they have a tendancy to go at the same time or get partially damaged when the clutch does go. I was recommended to get a standard clutch as they are pretty good and i got a lightened flywheel. Unfortunately ESR are no longer trading due to unforseen circumsatnces but im sure you wont have probs finding a trader on this site to do you a deal. All the best and good luck with it.

ah right.

il PM you over his details alex

i know a mate of mine needed to replace the clutch in his 350z when he had one last year. he had a stock replacement from nissan and his mate ( who unfortunately is now away travelling europe or something! :( ) fitted it in 4 hours...said it was a straight forward enough job

only problem is, the flatbed truck delivered it back to my grandparents house ( about half 7 / 8 oclock ) where i keep my other cars ( quite a bit of space ) it is not driveable.....at all! can take the clutch out while in 1st and it wont cut out! :( it would have to be done on my driveway or, i dunno..

if you could maybe milk the dealer a bit and say im needing a flywheel aswell. would that be possible? as i got hit with a couple extra charges today i wasnt expecting to pay, wud be nice to BS back hehe, but such was the condition of the bodywork and interior i didnt grumble much, i really wanted it.

Yeah the fly will probably be knackered but wont know for sure untill the box is pulled.

I will talk to your dealer.

4 hours is about right, but it will probably take your dealer 4 days to get the funds over. :lol:

Cheers,

Alex.

Welcome to the club. As you can see there is plenty of knowledge and helpful bunnies on the go.

Best of luck with it.

If I can help in any way then give me a shout as I'm by Aberdeen.

Hopefully the Zed will be back on the go soon.

thanks guys!!

i fell asleep last night after saying id PM alex hahaha....2 days and nights without sleep had finally took its toll....14 hour sleep for the win!! :D :D

iv just woke up to a roasting hot laptop, still switched on, by my feet :D

ok...PM coming now, for sure!

And stew......i loveyour sig!!! does anyone make sigs here, i wudnt mind a decent one with some hot ass on it too :)

i wont have the z up in aberdeen this week, its sitting at my gparents house since the time i got it home last night was late.

but if your eer up for meeting up for a blether, its no bother, my flat is south aberdeen city, and i work in dyce