Is the Z a fast car ???

CSC87

Just before i do my test drive tomorrow i really dont know what to expect, is it a quick car of the mark, through gears ect, dont want to swap my current hot hatch and then be dissapointed around its quickness A - B ?

I think its because i know its a heavy car im expecting it to be on the slower side even tho it has the nice big engine upfront?

Help guys.

Just before i do my test drive tomorrow i really dont know what to expect, is it a quick car of the mark, through gears ect, dont want to swap my current hot hatch and then be dissapointed around its quickness A - B ?

I think its because i know its a heavy car im expecting it to be on the slower side even tho it has the nice big engine upfront?

Help guys.

It doesn't feel as fast as you might expect, but remember to check the speedo, as Lomoto says, it's deceptive :thumbs:

Depends what you are coming from as to if it will "feel" quick. It is a quick car, not any slower than a stock Evo. But the torque curve is so flat, and the power is so relentless, you dont realise how quick you are going. Takes a bit of getting used to and some find its boring as it never hits you in the back of the head with acceleration. But get it up onto its toes and its brilliant :drive1

its a good car, with nice amounts of torque. gets up to speed quicker than you think, and as said above its deceptive, cruises nicely. rmember its a GT, and its a good handling car. and rear wheel drive,

i've had a 306 gti6, mr2 roadster, CTR. and must admit the Zed is by far the best car. it hugs the corners well and feels like it has more grip to give even when pushing.

best ting is to try it. but get a good route, do some main roads dual cariage way and some country lanes. give you a proper taste for the car.

I came from an FTO into a 350z and papped myself for the first couple of weeks! Its VERY deceptively quick as already stated. I quite often overtake a car, look over to the speedo and i'm doing over a ton without trying!

I came from an FTO into a 350z and papped myself for the first couple of weeks! Its VERY deceptively quick as already stated. I quite often overtake a car, look over to the speedo and i'm doing over a ton without trying!

But of course thats on the track ;):teeth:

R

Even if your hot hatch accelerates at the same rate of knots, would you not rather be in a 350z?

It does accelerate quickly, doesn't give you the kick in the back, but it's really not slow.

As above, it's quite deceptive, toe it watch the speedo needle whip round.

Plus you have the noise!

Short answer - Yes!

0-60 in 5.6 seconds. Cant argue with that!!

depends whos driving mate, I managed 0-60 in ..... 37 seconds at best :blush:

:wacko::lol:

In my eyes i would say it is a quick car, got to remember you get alot of car for the money, say compared to a vx220 or elise, e.t.c, :thumbs: up from me :teeth:

I don't think it's a particularly fast car, but then that's part of the reason I chose it in the first place. My previous car was just too fast for the public roads really and whilst it was decimating on track, you simply couldn't use all the power effectively when driving around normally. Personally speaking, I find that the Zed has exactly the right amount of power to remain totally useable on the roads, either motorways or country lanes.

Put your foot down in the right gear and will move along at a fair rate of knots, but it's never feels like it's going too fast to kill you.

:) I am a New Z owner, and coming from 3 and a half years of Type-R ownership, I have to say that the Z is deceptively quick! In the CTR I needed to rev to 8600RPM and stay in the powerband to be quick, but in the Z it seems to effortlessly pull strong, and before you know it you could lose your license :surrender:

But I wonder, if my Lightly modded CTR, remapped to 232BHP and lighter by 40KG could be away the first 50 metres or more at Santa Pod.. ;)

I find it feeling quite heavy, but a powerful solid lump of a car. Like everyone has been saying it does give you an illusion of speed - test driving at 90MPH when I thought I was doing just 60MPH (I slowed right down of course). It's like going 500mph in a jet liner - your going really fast but you don't notice it (when cruising in the zed).

I got back into my hot hatch afterwards and it feels totally different. My current car is quick (206 GTi 180) but like the Type-R, you have to rev the nuts off it whereas the 350z glides up the revs by itself. It feels solid and totally comfortable going on the upper-end of limits (hot hatches make me feel like I am constantly racing people because of the nature of revving them to death).

The zed certainly isn't the fastest car, but as said it is an extremely good GT cruiser that is suited to long distances. Hot hatch I guess is like a big go-kart that you can nip around in corners with, etc - the zed just feels more grown up and is a real sports car. :thumbs:

Depends what you are coming from as to if it will "feel" quick. It is a quick car, not any slower than a stock Evo. :drive1

It's a lot slower then a stock Evo, no where near the sheer acceleration. Trust me ive owned a few, but there diffrent horses for diffrent courses. Ones a GT Cruiser with a nice chasis imo and the other is a road going rally car. Evo's are faster but ive had more honest driving fun in a 350z on the wales run then i have had with any Evo.

Depends what you are coming from as to if it will "feel" quick. It is a quick car, not any slower than a stock Evo. :drive1

It's a lot slower then a stock Evo, no where near the sheer acceleration. Trust me ive owned a few, but there diffrent horses for diffrent courses. Ones a GT Cruiser with a nice chasis imo and the other is a road going rally car. Evo's are faster but ive had more honest driving fun in a 350z on the wales run then i have had with any Evo.

reminded me of my drive to work this morning. had an older scooby in front going on to the dual carriageway off the roundabout, he saw me behind him and gunned it down the fast lane, i think he was quite suprised to see me still in his rear view mirror. wasn't really a struggle to keep up. would never have over taken him, but he would never have gained anything on me. and i backed off somewhere around the speed limit and let him go as i won't risk my licence on the public road. but was quite happy with the zeds performance.

thats all very well though mate, but you stopped around the speed limit...if you kept going ( on the private section of te road ofcourse ) you would have comfortably reeled it in...scoobys aint fast

thats good to know :lol: must admit i didn't have to thrash it to keep up

I wouldnt say its a lot slow than a stock Evo! And I've raced a few :p Either I've come up against crap Evo drivers, or they aint that much quicker. I think Ben will agree that in a straight line, his stock Evo VIII FQ300 wasnt massively quicker than mine. They sure do feel quicker, but side by side accelerating, it doesnt pull much of a lead. A modified Evo, its no contest, they whoop the Zed.