So........ promised myself i wasn't........ but..........

spr1ngy

So, if any of you know me form my introduction, i am a "non-petrol head" 23 year old, zed owner...... except after a few good battles with my mates 08 astra vxr, have decided its quite fun :thumbs:

Now i'm thinking of some upgrades in the noise department and first item that "pops" into my heads is an induction kit. Seems alot of people run the JWT but i very much like the look of the HKS reloaded, but the million dollar is............... which sounds better??? I know the horsepower gain is "apparently" minimal and that (after reading a post here actually) the standard filter has a better airflow, i just want it to sound mean :angry:

As a point of interest, is induction a sensible first mod?

Cheers.

Hey, yeah i am based in east-anglia, a little town called Godmanchester, situated roughly halfway between Cambridge and Peterborough.

Exhausts are a "lil" touch too expensive at the moment for me as i'm going to the states for 3 weeks in October...... but some some mods here and there wont hurt :teeth:

You all might be a bit interested in where i work actually, a company called Lola Cars International, we build Lemans sports cars, parts for F1, and a variety of other single-seater and sports cars, aswell as bits and bobs for road cars. Once i figure out all the ins and outs of posting pictures i'll get some pics of the place (and cars) up.

Hey, yeah i am based in east-anglia, a little town called Godmanchester, situated roughly halfway between Cambridge and Peterborough.

Exhausts are a "lil" touch too expensive at the moment for me as i'm going to the states for 3 weeks in October...... but some some mods here and there wont hurt :teeth:

You all might be a bit interested in where i work actually, a company called Lola Cars International, we build Lemans sports cars, parts for F1, and a variety of other single-seater and sports cars, aswell as bits and bobs for road cars. Once i figure out all the ins and outs of posting pictures i'll get some pics of the place (and cars) up.

Sounds good to me, look forward to seeing some pics bud :teeth:

:) Hi m8,

Welcome to the Z club!

:scare: 23 year old Zed owner, whats that costing you for insurance?

Jerry :)

Its not too bad to be honest, im with Admiral and its costing me a mere 78quid a month, which i feel is fairly resonable..........

Welcome to the forums and I salute a fellow East Anglian.

I should take you with me when I visit the Chillis next time.

If you are like me, bring your wallet, you'll love it there

Hah, yeah definately, i was looking around on here actually and there doesnt seem to be many traders around our area??...... every link i click on, the place ALWAYS ends up being bloody up north! no offence obviously :p

:) Hi m8,

Welcome to the Z club!

:scare: 23 year old Zed owner, whats that costing you for insurance?

Jerry :)

Am 22 and the insurance is 900 :blush:

Am 22 and pay £1600 for the zed and a mg zr :blush: , not to bad, when m mate is paing £1400 just for a focus ST :teeth:

So you gonna get the guys at Lola to knock up some specail Zed parts?!?!?! could be cool!

i know lola cars, saw alot of there stuff last year at formula schools as i took a group of students to compete at it and lola was sponsoring the event.

was good fun, and they have some nice stuff. would happily go and play in their workshops for days on end.

So you gonna get the guys at Lola to knock up some specail Zed parts?!?!?! could be cool!

As long as it's not carbon fibre, I should be safe...

Well, obviously we make ALOT of bespoke carbon products, and, as i work in the windtunnel, ive designed a few aero packages..... plus i'm on very good terms with the modelshops guys, already got some carbon b pillars in the works......

My car is black though so i can't have too much exterior carbon, think it mught clash a touch.........