Another RANT!

N1SM0350z

Right,

I was taking my dad to the station this morining and the first thing was some ar*ehole in a van didnt idicate at the roundabout which windes me up at the best of times! :angry:

Then on the way back I let a van pull out and then I started to move off and some stupid b*tch decided that meant she could come out to, and neerly came into the side of me! She had to pretty much drive down the rong side of the road so she could get in, then I followed her neerly all the way to work and at aroundabout she turned left without indicating! :rant::rant:

I could tell she was shocking because she had dents all over her car! :angry:

Rant over.. :)

(No offense to women it just happened to be one this time!)

i tend to find there are 2 types of drivers men and women ... here me out as it has some logic to it before i get beat up for being sexist.

there are 2 types of drivers male and female.

male drivers

tend to be more decisive, good spacial awareness, quicker on the pedal and have less accidents, but when they do have one it tends to be all or nothing, majority like to go in a blaze of glory. can be quite an aggressive driver

female drivers

tend to be more cautious, sometimes indecisisve, spacial awareness is not great, take 2-3 atempts to park, more sensible, but tend to have lots of little prangs due to lack of attention.

just because i use the term male and female doesn't mean that the driving styles are unique to the sexes.

for instance you can have a female with male driving tendancies and vice versa you can have a male with female driving tendencies.

best example is my wife has a very male driving style, she can be quite aggressive, tailgate, and drives how a car should be driven (shes a crap passenger though)

on the other hand, my younger brother has a very female driving style, he is cautious, slow and has hair brain moments when he seems to turn his brain off at the most in oportune moments, like confusing a layby for the exit of the slip road or heading up the slip road to stansted and not slowing for the roundabout as he seemed to have gone vacant and left the building.

i'm not saying that there is a prefered style, but most fit the stereo type in some shape or form.

and some like to flick between the 2

Marts got the right idea!

When I used to drive through London a lot a years ago in my brand new MR2 B) I presumed the worst ie. they are all muppets and amasingly I was right!! :lol:

You wont assume a plank in an X5 in the right hand lane at lights might want to go left across you and another car in the central lane - but lo - so it came to pass - I held back when the lights changed and yikes he bleedin cut across us and turned left! :rant:

Another weird thing is the I MUST PARK park in the first available space in a multistory by the entrance and cause a 2 mile tailback while they try! :headhurt: Why? just drive up the next level where there are no cars and find a nice spot for yourself! Simple innit !

Rant over ....... :D

But you have to admit that the London driving style is a catagory all of it's own.

Yes it has a special place in my heart (of my bottom)! :lol:

Mind you local drivers in Manchester as always trying to get ahead of the trendies in the South have developed worse behaviour! :boxing:

I blame the credit crunch - muppets saving on usage of indicator and headlamp bulbs and not pressing the brake pedal for a red traffic light in an attempt to make their brake pads last longer! :doh:

But you have to admit that the London driving style is a catagory all of it's own.

Yes it has a special place in my heart (of my bottom)! :lol:

Mind you local drivers in Manchester as always trying to get ahead of the trendies in the South have developed worse behaviour! :boxing:

I blame the credit crunch - muppets saving on usage of indicator and headlamp bulbs and not pressing the brake pedal for a red traffic light in an attempt to make their brake pads last longer! :doh:

i hate driving in london :dry:

The general type of driving in Aberdeen is....

"GET OUT OF MY WAY CAN'T YOU SEE IM RICH AND HAVE A RANGE ROVER......BLAH BLAH BLAH, I SEE YOU QUEUEING BEHING ME WHILST I TRY TO PARK THIS OBSCENE WASTE OF RESOURCES INTO A PARKING SPACE WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY WAY TOO SMALL BUT I DONT CARE.....AH TO HELL WITH IT I WILL JUST PARK IN A DISABLED SPOT BECAUSE IM RICH AND I CAN DO WHAT THE HELL I LIKE BECAUSE I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOU......PEASANT".

Aholes

:rant:

R

"GET OUT OF MY WAY CAN'T YOU SEE IM RICH AND HAVE A RANGE ROVER......BLAH BLAH BLAH, I SEE YOU QUEUEING BEHING ME WHILST I TRY TO PARK THIS OBSCENE WASTE OF RESOURCES INTO A PARKING SPACE WHICH IS OBVIOUSLY WAY TOO SMALL BUT I DONT CARE.....AH TO HELL WITH IT I WILL JUST PARK IN A DISABLED SPOT BECAUSE IM RICH AND I CAN DO WHAT THE HELL I LIKE BECAUSE I HAVE MORE MONEY THAN YOU......PEASANT".

Aholes

R

I wouldnt say Stew is rich, but thats exactly how he drives :lol: (just kiddin buddy!)

Mart is spot on though. Bikers mantra is always assume the unexpected and drive/ride for everyone else on the road as well as yourself. Expect them to cut you up, pull out on you, shove their way in. You eventually get Zen like powers of driving where nothing phases you and you just let them do it because you knew they would. Doesnt stop a quick blap of the horn mind ;)

Aholes

R

Aye lad but that applies to s lot of places i think. We had a blonde ladee checking her hair in the rearview mirror with hand on mobile in her range on M60 this weekend weaving across lanes and up my rear end. Number plate was Ha55hum in case you spot her probably in a ditch now!

Aholes

R

I wouldnt say Stew is rich, but thats exactly how he drives :lol: (just kiddin buddy!)

Mart is spot on though. Bikers mantra is always assume the unexpected and drive/ride for everyone else on the road as well as yourself. Expect them to cut you up, pull out on you, shove their way in. You eventually get Zen like powers of driving where nothing phases you and you just let them do it because you knew they would. Doesnt stop a quick blap of the horn mind ;)

I save that driving for when I'm driving my Dads Range Rover! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Bloody Peasants! :p

I have a basic principle that seems to keep me safe.

Assume eveyone else on the road is an idiot, you cant go far wrong. :)

Couldn't agree more Mart!!!

London is much like driving in Auckland (NZ) or other big cities, kill or be killed. Scares the jeepers out of most people from out of town.

and then i drove in Rome.... :scare::scare::scare:

Never again!!!! :lol:

Ohhh I hear you on that! And what about Naples!! That's totally insane. :surrender: No semblence of rules at all.