how many litres have you put in the tank?

mc

I ran mine a bit lower than usual, got 380 miles out of her, and 50 left on DTE on the boring motorway commutes... yet still only got 64 litres of V power in when I filled up,

so... who's got closest to the full 80 litre capacity on a fill-up? :lol:

This is a funny question because i have let mine run with the petrol light on for a little while and still only manganed £65 odd = 65 Litres.

What would be a good test if someone could take note of how many miles they can do with the petrol light on before the car comes to a stop. Please make sure you have a full can though in the boot. :D

yeah I'd done about 40 miles since my light had come on, but driving at 60mph on the motorway meant the DTE went back up again.

any volunteers to test out Pimm's theory?

:lol:

Remember the economy test they did on top gear where they drove across europe on a single tank of petrol.

Clarksons Jag was showing absolutly nothing on the fuel gauge by the time they got to the uk but when they inspected the tank he still had enough fuel to do another 120miles. So I guess you can't judge you fuel level by the gauge, its more of a guide I suppose.

Saying that I've never let my fuel light come on yet as im scared of running out when im hooning it.

R

I've squeezed in over 75 litres once or twice. If I get less than 70 litres in at a fill up I feel like a chicken for not pushing it for a few more days. My daily drive is about 30miles, so once the dte is showing about 20miles to go, i.e. just before it goes to ----, I know I need to fill up in the next day or so.

Antony

Filled up with 75 litres yesterday. From experience the car reads empty with 10 litres remaining in the 80 litre tank. Driving like an eco warrior I managed 35 miles on 5 litres, so I'd estimate a maximum 70 miles once you're showing empty. Although if you end up abandoning your beloved Z on a hard shoulder with less don't blame me ;)

Chris

This is a funny question because i have let mine run with the petrol light on for a little while and still only manganed £65 odd = 65 Litres.

What would be a good test if someone could take note of how many miles they can do with the petrol light on before the car comes to a stop. Please make sure you have a full can though in the boot. :D

I had the DTE showing 0 miles once :scare: following a drag race with an evo. the car didn't get to a stop till I got to the petrol station thank god.

dont think the injectors would have like that :blush:

Its supposed to be an 80ltr tank but you'd only ever see that if you were running dead empty, which is never good for the engine.quote]

I often heard this, but never known why. Why is it bad to run an engine close to empty?

Basically all the crap that is in your tank falls to the bottom. When a tank gets low all this is sucked up. I would say it's bad for the fuel system rather than engine though.

The fuel filter should catch it but it could clog up.