Carbon fibre exterior styling - opinons or advise please

givememorepower

I've been looking at alot of Z's on here that have lots of sexy carbon fibre on them. I'm not big into modding eternally and really love the car in her naked form, so wouldn't opt for a body kit.......but, carbon mirrors,pillars and a front lip look sweet.

Is it safer to stick to known brands for these kind of upgrades, as opposed to the abundance on ebay, or are all 'weaves' and quality more or less the same??

(never bought/had anything carbon before unless it came on one of my bikes already)

Cheers guys.

:bounce:

You most definately get what you pay for with carbon. Use trusted makes that are backed up with trader/owner testimonials. Fitment for things like carbon lips can vary massively, and you pay to have perfect fit and weave. :teeth:

Does anybody know where to get the small triangular piece for the wing mirror mount in CF?

Got mine of a company called Delsa Motorsport on eBay. However they seemed to have stopped trading last time I tried to find them :thumbdown: They have a website, but they dont do everything they used to.

Does anybody know where to get the small triangular piece for the wing mirror mount in CF?

Got mine of a company called Delsa Motorsport on eBay. However they seemed to have stopped trading last time I tried to find them :thumbdown: They have a website, but they dont do everything they used to.

Tried them out - as you say, they no longer appear to have an ebay shop, but they have them on their own website for $48.95. Only trouble is getting them shipped from the States! If I can't find them anywhere else I might give it a go.

Thanks, Chris. :thumbs:

Tried them out - as you say, they no longer appear to have an ebay shop, but they have them on their own website for $48.95. Only trouble is getting them shipped from the States! If I can't find them anywhere else I might give it a go.

Thanks, Chris. :thumbs:

Shipping was pretty quick for me, less than a week :thumbs:

Yep, shipping was quick from Delsea, they actually came from asia somewhere according to the box... So its worth having a look at some of the asia trade websites... you never know they may do a bulk order discount...

Good call - found a reasonable set from Asia at a good price. Thanks.

Cheers guys . I'm very jealous of that splitter, not too keen on those spandangly bright blue bumper lights though! Reckon you could disturb a few cyclists with those bad boys.

Anyone know a decent site/supplier then who they've bought off for their own car and been very very

satisfied?

• 2 weeks later...
I'm quickly becoming a Varis fanboy.

Bought both my carbon lip and carbon bonnet from Envy South.

I am VERY happy with my purchases.

a carbon bonnet, now this i have to see, you cheeky monkey, i know you were talking about it last week when you popped round, i take it you must have gone back to another envy fitting session and given in and bought that bonnet you were eying up :lol:

nice work can't wait to see it :teeth:

3Fiddyz - what splitter is that in the pic? looks sweet

seen those LED reflectors on ebay and was unsure - but looking at them fitted them look really good. Are they wired into the headlights or is it a seperate switch??

cheers

Adam

Spliter is a Veilside Mk1, currently on another owners car! But the fit wasnt great on mine but better on his for some reason!

Have a word with Sarah (Chilli Red) or Kev/Gaz at Envy they have a few types in stock including the Varis one Bullet mentioned. A few people have them, and are happy with no fittment issues.

LED's were wired into the side lights so where on when they were.. (All the time!) You could wire them to a switch if you wanted, shouldnt be too hard, you just need to use the live feed off on of the lights...

Have a word with Sarah (Chilli Red) or Kev/Gaz at Envy they have a few types in stock including the Varis one Bullet mentioned. A few people have them, and are happy with no fittment issues.

No no no, I told Varis not to make any more lips. They're far to common now :p

Bullets bonnet looks lovely, and the weave matches the lip :cloud9:

I'm very jealous of that splitter,

Anyone know a decent site/supplier then who they've bought off for their own car and been very very

satisfied?

+1 but they are very expensive.

Envy do the Varis for around £500 and the Veilside is about £350-£400, I think. JDM do some nice Seibon ones for £351.

Not much on eBay, but I am always on the lookout for a decent second-hand example. ;)