newbe wanting advice

timo

hi guys

am thinking of buying a 350 after 10 year of mr2 ownership

went for a test drive at my local dealer the other day, love'd the car ,

BUT the dealers car i drove felt like the clutch was going the pedal had quite a bit of travel and the biteing point felt very high, makeing me look like a learner driver the dealer said they are all like it and that i should dial in 2500rpm+ to set off my heel was off the floor felt very odd is this true

also i'm after a 296bhp version but a 309bhp would be better can someone tell be when this version came out

many thanks

when i got mine it had a high bite point took a while to get used to but no problem now.

best to check if the clutch is going by puttng it in 4th gear, take it up to 2000 rpm d then drop the clutch. if cluth is good should jst about be abl to pull away or move slightly efore stalling.

if it stall straight away, clutch is going

When i took my Zed out for a test drive last week I stalled it at the first Junction and looked like a right newbie! It took me a mile or two to get used to the clutch but i had the excuse of owning a semi automatic for the past 3.5 years!

oh and :welcome: to the Forum!

:welcome: to the club

Like bronzee said, try some others to get a comparison. Personally I don't think the clutch is that high or need to dial in so many revs. It is down to driving styles though so thats why its good for you to make the comparison.