Pioneer AVIC-F900BT Install Finally Done (For now)

srobrien

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I know where you live! :ninja:

;)

Thats good, can you come round and do my dishes then?

:)

R

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The A944 is the road to my house if you want to come round and clean the bathroom or something.... :thumbs:

All right but for the love of god at least pick your dirty boxers up off the floor before i come round this time!

:teeth:

Looking really good there.

Let us know how you get on with the steering wheel controls, i.e. what still works, if at all.

The controls work fine the wires on the ict cable just need to be snaploked to the corresponding wires on the control loom.

Its a serious tight squeeze behind there though...very little room to work.

R

Did you get a chance to take pics which of the wires have to get spliced with which?

Let us know how you get on with the steering wheel controls, i.e. what still works, if at all.

The controls work fine the wires on the ict cable just need to be snaploked to the corresponding wires on the control loom.

R

Did you get a chance to take pics which of the wires have to get spliced with which?

Hi no i didn't i was getting quite irate by that point and just wanted the thing in. Its really simple though as when you buy the ICT cable there is instructions telling you which colour wire to pair to which.

R

R

Hi no i didn't i was getting quite irate by that point and just wanted the thing in. Its really simple though as when you buy the ICT cable there is instructions telling you which colour wire to pair to which.

R

Ah right, because in previous threads about the ICT loom, that wasn't mentioned. Good to know there is some documentation with the loom that helps you connect it up.

Ok folks, my facia FINALLY arrived after a stonking £16 import/handling charges! on a £10 item!! what?

Anyway I just got stuck in and removed the centre console as per the wiki guide.

IMG_2673.jpg

just noticed you hadthe same cubby setup as me. when you had the centre console out did you happen to notice if the cubby and its door were one piece or 2 seperate pieces. i.e. did it look like you could remove the box and leave the lid attatched to the centre console.

not to worry if you can't remember, it will just have to wait till i get round to dismantling mine

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Firstly, thanks for this post srobrien. I've just installed the Avic-F900BT and this has helped me loads. I've got it all in and working now but I have one small problem......VOLUME!! or lack of it.

Did you have the same problem? It's just not very loud at all even on 62 (max volume). I'd say it was about half as loud as the original Bose system, if that. Was thinking it might have something to do with the Bose amps. :headhurt:

I notice on the PAC OEM-1 kit you can adjust each channel individulally, but can't see the same thing on the ICT 29-672 Cable.

Any ideas?

Is the ICT 29-672 just a cable? IIRC when I was researching swapping my HU, the whole point of the PAC-ROEM was to adjust the input levels as the Bose for some reason expected very high input levels. Thats why the PAC-ROEM has adjustable output to convert the low levels to high for the Bose amp. Have heard of this issue with people just using a harness converter and not the PAC-ROEM.

Just found this from Rob:

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16403

NOTES:

• [*:c5v6jksj]To use a ICT BOSE Compatible looms above your head unit must have pre-out connections.
    [*:c5v6jksj]Some users who have aftermaket head units with the factory ICT Adapter may find that their system is not quite as loud as they expect. Its possible to get a module which boosts the signal going to the BOSE amps.
ICT Line Level Booster (+1.5db)
[mcol]Autoleads Line Level Booster (0-18db)
[row]23-000.jpg
[col]PC9-460.jpg

[*:c5v6jksj]The factory loom does not contain an earth lead. The factory unit earths through its chassis. As a result a custom earth lead will need to be made to a suitable point (i.e. one of the bolts under the head unit.)

Are you guys connecting to Pre-out with the ICT?

Cheers Chris, genius!!

I've put the factory head unit back in now as I've decided to go down the less expensive route, plus I can't be arsed. So have ordered a SatNav for the cubby (found a cheap Navigon 8110), a USA Spec iPod adaptor and already have the phone bluetooth module. Not as glam but does the job.

The deal clincher for me on the Avic-F900bt was the voice recognition, but after I got it I realised you only get that on the US model, bit gutted so I'll be selling it on. The iPod search function is good though and it is a nice bit of kit, just decided I prefered the factory look, skipping CD's and all. Thanks!

Bugger, I heard it would fit the UK spec model :wacko:

These Dension kits are for the UK models (link below), but it doesn't say if it fits the Bose stereo.

http://www.ipodcarkitdirect.co.uk/iPod_Car_Kit/For_Factory_Fitted_Radios/Nissan_iPod_Car_Kit/Dension_Nissan_iPod_Car_Kit/Nissan_iPod_Ice_Link_Plus_Adapter

There's also a brand called Neo, not sure if that will be any different. I have an FM transmitter at the moment but it's not great. Any suggestions for direct link?

• 2 weeks later...
Few questions before I commit to buying all the bits to do this....

I have a GT4 with facelift interior, would this kit still be ok?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2003-05-NISSAN-35 ... otohosting

Also, is this volume issue going to affect me, in other words is it compulsory to buy the following?

23-000.jpg

Cheers :thumbs:

I suppose it depends how deaf you are, im 25 with perfect hearing, im also very in to my music. I don't have one and the volume definatly is not as loud as the Bose but when it is up full blast it is probably as loud as i would listen to it anyway. Unless you are one of these guys that likes everyone on the high street to hear what your listening to, i don't think you need it.

But its all down to personal choice.

Oh and as for the facia, try and get one from the uk...i think sextons direct do them.

I got mine from the USA and it took about a month to get here and I had to pay about the same as the facia in import taxes and fees before I could get it in my hands.....no impressed!

R

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Srobrien,

Thanks for the post it looks like it will be really useful. I really like the look of this headunit but wondered how you were getting on with it now you have had it a while. Is the user interface quite slick. Main things I will be after is fast IPOD Control, Touch Screen quick to respond and decent speed camera alerts (for safety reasons of course)

:thumbs:

Hey, from what i gather its a bit of a marmite headunit, but I love it.

It does take a little while to boot into the UI, perhaps 30 seconds, but when it does it runs smoothly. If you listen to the radio or cd it will start playing music pretty much from the moment it is turned on but it need to fully boot up before it will play the ipod. It was specifically designed for ipod use so ipod navigations is really easy, you can search by artist, album, podcast, playlist etc and its shows all your tags and album artwork as its playing. Only bad point is I had to buy the ipod cable seperatly (but some places might throw it in).

Navigation is excellent also, never been led up the wrong path yet, the speed cameras are also great, kept up to date quite regular. As with most speed camera identifiers you need to pay a yearly update subscription but its not expensive and you get your first year free.

Bluetooth is also really good.

Cons: Quite expensive, reletively long boot up time, have to buy ipod cable seperatly.

Pros: Slick UI, Complete ipod control, Great satnav and speed detection, will play almost anything you give it on terms of music and video formats, great bluetooth phone control, not as expensive as other units that give you same or less functionality.

R :teeth:

So I understand that the updates for the "safety" cameras is based on a yearly subsription type thing, but what about the regular maps?

Does the unit cover UK only or does it cover Europe also?

Do you have to pay for map updates?

How much does it cost to have the "safety" camera data updated every year?

Thanks

Hi Srobrien,

Thanks for the info thats really useful. Might take me a while to save for the headunit as only just got the car (well get it next week hopefully) so maybe by then there will be some offers. I don't like Marmite but it still think it's the one I wan't! :D

Cheers mate