Pioneer AVIC-F900BT Install Finally Done (For now)

srobrien

I finished my Alpine install today, after many failed attempts!

It's actually perfect, but I haven't driven with it set up yet....so fingers crossed :)

what set-up did you go for? i've been thinking about new amps and speakers but to be honest with the struggle I had getting the bloody headunit back in I NEVER want to take the thing out again :lol: It almost went through the windscreen.

R

Finished product:

photo536medium.jpg

Thread's here if you want to have a chuckle at my attempts! Putting the b :angry: y thing back in was a nightmare! I think I will change the rear speakers and front speakers at some point, but need to stay away from ICE for a little while so I don't go insane!

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=22782

Alpine HU, whilst retaining the steering wheel controls.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

srobrien how did the booster/amplifier come on in the end for the stereo?

love the head unit apart from the slow start up when you turn ignition on! still so quiet tho and need the ramp it up.

annoying the steering remotes dont work either! :rant:

The booster worked a treat mate, doubles the volume easy, only problem is that it only does 2 channels, either rear or front but it doesn't cause a problem as the rears are more that capable of handling the volume themselves.

How did you hook up the steering remote? I initially used those snap block things to splice into the wire but they didn't work so just took the wires out of the connector and twisted them together.

R

• 5 weeks later...

Right, finally finished my install for the moment concluding with the install of my reversing camera, placement of the camera was insperation from Nurrish's car. Also some creative wiring the camera now automatically comes on when the car goes into reverse gear.

Sorry about the crappy photos.

R

IMG_3378.jpg

IMG_3379.jpg

IMG_3380.jpg

• 11 months later...

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I was looking at fitting one of these units and just wandered where the new grounding wire gets fixed to the chassis. Is there an existing wire there which this new one will replace, or does it require a new fitting?

Also how long does the grounding wire need to be?

Thanks.

Sorry to bring back an old thread but I was looking at fitting one of these units and just wandered where the new grounding wire gets fixed to the chassis. Is there an existing wire there which this new one will replace, or does it require a new fitting?

Also how long does the grounding wire need to be?

Thanks.

Ground wire ideally should be short as possible. You should find a bolt somewhere in the centre console that is linked/ground to the chassis so you can just attach it to that!

• 1 year later...