Pioneer AVIC-F900BT Install Finally Done (For now)

srobrien

So I understand that the updates for the "safety" cameras is based on a yearly subsription type thing, but what about the regular maps?

Does the unit cover UK only or does it cover Europe also?

Do you have to pay for map updates?

How much does it cost to have the "safety" camera data updated every year?

Thanks

I use this site for my kenwood http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/subscription.php

And going on other updates for satnav HU's etc, yes you have to pay for the updates :(

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just ordered the same stereo for my Zed but taking the lazy approach and getting it fitted elsewhere

Mine hase the Bose stereo so just wanted to check i have all the needed parts

Got the stereo and the 2 leads as in the beginning of this thread

Do i need anything else?

Cheers

Just the SOT cable, Steering wheel harness, ipod adapter (if needed) and facia...you can also buy the signal booster if you feel it will not be loud enough.

R

any idea where can get those pieces from?

Is a facia still needed even tho its double DIN?

muchos grazia

am thinking of doing something similar, have the f500 for my cubby, but am thiniking of putting the pioneer 3100dvd in replace of the bose headunit. this has been an extremly useful post. just need to source something to hold the f500 in place where the cubby was.

do you think that a double din facia would fit in the place where the cubby was?

Just the SOT cable, Steering wheel harness, ipod adapter (if needed) and facia...you can also buy the signal booster if you feel it will not be loud enough.

R

muchos grazia

Yeah you will need the facia as there is a gap around the stereo that looks cack.

You can get the steering wheel loom and facia from sextons, i have linked locations of the parts on the front page.

R

am thinking of doing something similar, have the f500 for my cubby, but am thiniking of putting the pioneer 3100dvd in replace of the bose headunit. this has been an extremly useful post. just need to source something to hold the f500 in place where the cubby was.

do you think that a double din facia would fit in the place where the cubby was?

Im pretty sure there is adapters that allow installation into the cubby, but im sure someone will be along to confirm/deny this.

R

Im pretty sure there is adapters that allow installation into the cubby, but im sure someone will be along to confirm/deny this.

R

don't worry i gave in in the end and ordered the retractable cubby from JDM,

just trying to work out if i should fork out for a new headunit to give the 2 screen look. :wacko: have my eye on the pioneer 3100dvd at £350 looks good especially as i already have the Pioneer Avic F500bt for satnav.

R

don't worry i gave in in the end and ordered the retractable cubby from JDM,

just trying to work out if i should fork out for a new headunit to give the 2 screen look. :wacko: have my eye on the pioneer 3100dvd at £350 looks good especially as i already have the Pioneer Avic F500bt for satnav.

The f500 should have an AV out so you can just buy an extra screen and run it off the HU.

R

R

muchos grazia

Yeah you will need the facia as there is a gap around the stereo that looks cack.

You can get the steering wheel loom and facia from sextons, i have linked locations of the parts on the front page.

R

Cheers mate

Cant see the link for steering wheel loom tho?

• 3 weeks later...

Just had mine fitted by a car audio place near me and dissapointed

After supplying all the cables etc they couldnt get the steering controls to work so has to do it all again this week with technical support on the phone

Also even though i have the amplified cable for the BOSE system the system seems quiet compared to before.......and the sub really doesnt seem to be kicking hardly anything out

help or advice would be muchhhhhhhh appreciated lads

After supplying all the cables etc they couldnt get the steering controls to work so has to do it all again this week with technical support on the phone

Sounds like they havent connected the cables correctly or they have come adrift.

Also even though i have the amplified cable for the BOSE system the system seems quiet compared to before.......

Yeah the pioneer is a good bit quiter than the BOSE, I am fitting a line booster next week, cost me £20, I will be following up this guide with an update for doing it....(if it works)

and the sub really doesnt seem to be kicking hardly anything out

Have you set up the head unit correctly? I have mine set to the S.BASS present and it re-aligns my spine every time I turn it on.

R

i have the same system and i took your advice on cables had it done the other day and the only problem i have is that the volume is too quiet, the car stereo fitters says there is a voltage problem between the pioneer and the bose amp have you sussed out how to fix this problem if so let me know thanks.

Sounds like they havent connected the cables correctly or they have come adrift.

Also even though i have the amplified cable for the BOSE system the system seems quiet compared to before.......

Yeah the pioneer is a good bit quiter than the BOSE, I am fitting a line booster next week, cost me £20, I will be following up this guide with an update for doing it....(if it works)

and the sub really doesnt seem to be kicking hardly anything out

Have you set up the head unit correctly? I have mine set to the S.BASS present and it re-aligns my spine every time I turn it on.

R

where can i get the booster from?

there are so many settings i dont no where to start at the moment!

so you have good amount of bass already without the booster?

Oh yeah bass is fine, sometimes i put it up so loud my GF actually feels sick :lol:

I got the booster from here http://www.incarexpress.co.uk/view_prod ... tno=PC9460

Cannot confirm if it works yet as I've not installed it.

Will let you know how I get on.

R

cheers mate - when my gf complains about the bass i know it is a job well done

for all the settings like slr/bass booster and the level of hfz (prob wrong initials) - what u got yours set up on?

i played around with them for like 30 minutes and coulndt get it right

well the fascia is in now with the headunit and the sub is working altho see the common prob of system not being loud enough. will be waiting news of this amplifier

Cant get the Ipod to work on it tho - using the cable that connected my Ipod with my PC - It all links up and appears and works on the screen....BUT no volume at all

How many problems can one stereo have!!!!!!!

Have you plugged the RCA cables in on the ipod cable, the USB isn't enough to get sound the other cables need to be plugged in too?

Currently having nightmares of my own, the stereo is out of the car and the soldering iron is out :wacko:

R

WOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPP, headunit back in, line booster in, gain at max! Volume LOUDDDDDD!!! steering wheel controls working!

Unfortunatly its still bloody clicking when I push the brake pedal, I have stripped down the grounding cleaned it all up heatshrunk it , made it all nice a pretty and its still doing it..!?!?!?!?! I give up.

R

I finished my Alpine install today, after many failed attempts!

It's actually perfect, but I haven't driven with it set up yet....so fingers crossed :)

what set-up did you go for? i've been thinking about new amps and speakers but to be honest with the struggle I had getting the bloody headunit back in I NEVER want to take the thing out again :lol: It almost went through the windscreen.

R