Why is my power so low

jpaero

its just annoying me and a need to get back tot the dealer i bought it off. I'm also going to another tuner to look at the apexi safc 2 to see if it is set correctly. Thought it might have been that but really not sure as i am not experienced in these cars at all.

There was one thing. The boy got a new engine put in as there was a flood and flooded his engine. Could this have anything to do with it?

depends on where it was tuned, or if you have any other extras, if something was taken off and no retune was done then it won't be as high.

are you running it on 98 ron fuel, if your putting bog standard in you can easily drop 15 bhp off the performance.

also remember that the bhp guide of 276 on a 2003 is a manufactures guide, its not guarenteed they will actually be that.

also remember that different dynos read differently, you'll never get the same read out on 2 different dynos no 2 different days.

everythin was done at rc developments. Alot of money was spent on it. The car is always run on super unleaded. Our cars are always put on these rollers as we have our rolling road days there so wouldnt think it would be the rollers. Need to get it resolved so i can get the max out of the car

everythin was done at rc developments. Alot of money was spent on it. The car is always run on super unleaded. Our cars are always put on these rollers as we have our rolling road days there so wouldnt think it would be the rollers. Need to get it resolved so i can get the max out of the car

I think for a 2003 with no FI you'd be at the limit trying to reach 300bhp without spending a serious amount of money. Well over 10k.

i would have thought close to 300bhp would have been possible with a remappable ecu , exhaust , filter, plenum space, sports cats etc,,

probably just need to remap the ecu, do the dyno tuners not offer this ?

yeah sorry my miscalc. Was thinking about Adams car and the route he took and the expense

Just on this, amuse dont recommend that there ECU's are used over here... something to do with the fuel maps that are in their ECU's... It may have come off an import car....

With regards to the engine swap, did they do an ECU replacement?

It is low considering what you have but then the stock ECU can also overpower an add on over time if its not fitted right...

Where you based? I would recommed taking it too another turner with a dyno like Gary @ GTart and see what they come up with..

Get the dyno up and lets see...

I thought RC Developement went under? Was a thread on the MLR just before Phil picked up his GTR?

Also what fudge factor did they use to get from wheel to fly figures? Could it be they used a really low figure and hence fly figures are low?