Recessions hit me now!!! anyone else struggling?!!

shire350Z

As some off you know im a builder but self-employed and been on some big industrial builds just off the new motorway junc at 29A but got the call today, (as been off last week with the snow) that they dont want me to go back now as the works dryed up!!!!

Obviously this is gutting just doesnt feel right not going to work!!! hopefully a few 'bits and bobs' will crop up but really not good!!! just wondering if anyone else has been hit with the 'credit crunch'

That'l be it for modding the Z to, so ill forget that new front bumper and another idea i had up my sleeve to surprise all with at wales :angry:

!!!!just have to make do with the boot/bonnet struts and grounding kit iv already bought :lol:

anyways mine grumble over with :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that James, hope you find some projects soon. At least it will give me a chance to catch up.

I am in the fortunate situation of being in an industry that is short of stadff anyway so am hoping to get through it. Considering seeing if Chris wants a captain for his yacht :)

Sorry to hear this, bad times for a lot of people.

I am not getting the salary I should be getting this year either, lots of cutbacks, but I suppose I'm just grateful that my firm is coping alright - so far - compared to so many others around laying off staff.

Hope you pick up some other work soon.

yeah seems like the building industry is really struggling. Heard a few stories from building companies how they have closed sites up mid build

Just over the way from us at work, there is a build that has just stopped. The cranes they are using arent even being dismantled, my guess is they have no where for them to go so are no wasting the resource in removing them! :surrender:

More experince to do with all aspects of groundworks and machine driving but do anythimg really, but with prices being so good at the moment iv gone down the route of buying a piece of land to build four bungalows on when times get better!!! but if things really dry up work wise as im only picking bits up here and there after losing 'that' big contract ill start to develop the land which in turn finds me work and with the land prices being cheaper and materials also being alot cheaper the finish products can in turn be sold on to the buyer a fair bit cheaper!!

Thats the reason theres so many not selling now, because when developer's bought the land they were paying high prices also material costs were higher which in turns means they cant drop the prices much more or they'l be losing money on the built!!

anyways ill shutup now :lol:

yeah seems like the building industry is really struggling. Heard a few stories from building companies how they have closed sites up mid build

Just over the way from us at work, there is a build that has just stopped. The cranes they are using arent even being dismantled, my guess is they have no where for them to go so are no wasting the resource in removing them! :surrender:

A lot of projects have stopped because the banks wont release the cash to get them finished. I am in the brick business and everyone is struggling. A lot of factory's have been either closed or mothballed but when the construction industry does kick start again it is widely thought there will be not enough capability to supply the demand. Right now it is important to survive and to ride the storm out because the good times will return again. ;)

hope things pick up for you soon matey?

Bellway homes have a big development near me but they went bust think Elan has taken over....all new posters and fancy flags on show but no takers or building on site.

Thng to do i guess is to try to ride out the storm as best we can. Things will pick up its just a question of time. I am on a weird situation where its costing me to get to work so much its worth my while taking a pay cut but getting somewhere closer to home!

May i put a suggestion forward?

We can all help each other out here on the club why not a seperate section advertising our area of expertise and so on? Nothing too formal or detailed that way we can pm someone with specifics so keeping things private. But would'nt you trust someone from the club rather than an unknown from yellow pages ?

What does everyone (mods) think?

For example i fit flooring and do bespoke stained glass windows and have a van that i can use if you just need stuff shifting for example?

I also have a cement mixer if people want to hire it?