Gas bonnet / hood damper help

nurrish

I received a set of these of ebay and having installed them i am getting this:

IMAG0047.jpg

IMAG0048.jpg

IMAG0049.jpg

As you can see the bonnet doesnt fully lift up. Is this a problem with the struts being too short or is there something i need to do to make them extend even more.

These were advertised as for a 350z so wondering if its something wrong im doing[/img]

I think you have used the wrong hole on the wing fitting... If you remove the plastic battery cover there may be a screw / bolt hole in there...

They may be a tad short... my carbon NRG ones open up less than my old Tein ones...

Your pics are very dark so hard to tell what you have...

BTW as it is sort of on topic! Anyone with a carbon or aftermarket hood got lifters? I had to take my NRG ones off cause they were too stiff and could have split the hood...

I think you have used the wrong hole on the wing fitting... If you remove the plastic battery cover there may be a screw / bolt hole in there...

They may be a tad short... my carbon NRG ones open up less than my old Tein ones...

Your pics are very dark so hard to tell what you have...

BTW as it is sort of on topic! Anyone with a carbon or aftermarket hood got lifters? I had to take my NRG ones off cause they were too stiff and could have split the hood...

being to stiff i'm sure you can fix that by letting some of the pressure out. i know you can't put it back in, but i'm sure you can adjust lifters, by letting stuff out?

I took mine off to have them repolished but will try on the weekend if I get chance

the ones big phil used to sell were made by INXX - Check Ebay, then he made up a bracket to fit the 350z. Looks like the lifters you have are shorter.

Looks like its mounted in the same place, my lifters, hold the bonnet higher than the stay would.