Greenfuel LPG Conversion

nurrish

It's fine unless you're the one who bought the kit in the first place as you'll often find you have to do a ridiculous amount of miles to have made it worth the initial outlay, but if you can get a car already done with the right kit by the right people then go for it.

Don't forget though that when it gets really popular the price of LPG will shoot up as the Government will tax the arse off it just to get a few more quid in the coffers :bang:

Is it me or has he wasted his money - 25mpg? I get around 22/23 and thats doing all urban driving. Second I jump on the motorway its up around 30 so i often avegage around 25mpg without a conversion
Its the price of LPG not the mpg that makes the difference. However, you need to be doing enough miles to recoup the outlay.

Is it me or has he wasted his money - 25mpg? I get around 22/23 and thats doing all urban driving. Second I jump on the motorway its up around 30 so i often avegage around 25mpg without a conversion
Its the price of LPG not the mpg that makes the difference. However, you need to be doing enough miles to recoup the outlay.

+1 - I priced this up and even doing 300 miles a week, I didnt see enough reward to do it ;)

If its already been done, then its a good deal. But remember if it becomes popular, it will get taxed to hell and back. I'm waiting for petrol to go more out of fashion and become cheaper still lol!

Rob Quads aka Mr Feather Foot! ;)

Rob Quads aka Mr Feather Foot! ;)

Its all about keeping up momentum. You dont have to have a lead foot to drive quickly you know :teeth:

I had a LPG conversion on my old Alfa V6. I got the same warnings about valve seats but if you use a bit of petrol now and then it's ok. I did save a lot of money but it was a PITA too as the tank only allowed you to do 200 miles. I was always in the shell garage!

The 'old tank' did 250K miles, at least 200K on LPG, and was quite happy. Lost a little power though, but who cares when cruising on the motorway? Saved me a fortune, kept the engine clean and was kind(er) to the sparrows and squirrels :kissing:

ive had a few LPG cars, (day to day cars, not performance) 4.7l cherokee jeep, 1.8 astra coupe, currently 3.7l A8. HAve had a few niggles but over all saved a fortune and not had to listen to any oil burners.

I wouldnt personally have LPG on a Zed though