Finally got around to saying hello after a year

Anubis

Hey everyone! :)

I've been lurking on these forums for about a year now and have only just decided to say hello - so...."hello!" :D

I've read posts, tech specs, the lot - I'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone here really.

After a year of constant saving I finally have around £15k to spend on a zed - but I'm holding out until around April because that's when I get 4 years NCB. I'm also predicting that the 350z should go down in price a little bit more since its closer to the 370z release date and dealers may want to try and shift them off the courts asap - especially during our lovely recession.

I've also been in contact with Big Phil already (few months ago) about mods, so fingers crossed I have some pictures for all of you with nice shiney Nismo stuff.

I first got interested in cars years ago when I was only 18. I remember having a ride in a certain 'famous' Nissan R34 GTR Nur spec (530BHP) - since then I have been hooked on cars, particuarly geared towards performance. I've also been lucky enough to have driven a Murcielago, F430 and a 911 Turbo on a track and I hope to take my future zed to the Ring this summer. :)

I currently drive a 206 GTI 180. Nice and quick and handles very well but my god I can see what people say about French reliability (ride is flipping hard too) - after almost 3 years of ownership I'm getting fed up of taking the thing to a garage over such silly little things (CD player broken, axle nut fallen out, random error messages that pop up on screen, etc). Its been a good ride - but I'm looking much more for a 'wow' factor that I'm hoping a zed can provide and my first proper sports car. B)

I live in Bedfordshire and my real name is Darren.

I shall no doubt keep reading all your posts and thanks again for such a great forum.

:welcome: Darren. but you probably know us all by now :blush:

Yer I kind of do. Hope I didn't come across as some stalker type weirdo! I've been on a few forums (used to be part of the GTR one for a few years), but I can honestly say this forum has a good community feel. Everyone helps each other out, which is brilliant. :)

I hope one day I can help a few people out, but for now I shall remain as another newbie. :p

post some pics of the £15k :teeth:

lol...I don't have it stacked up in piles of 50's in my house. :p

Its just a 'boring' (I use this word loosely btw) number in my savings account. It took so long to save up! As sad as it sounds, I even gave up going out with mates at times so I could save - trust me, I'm dedicated to the 350z thing.

I don't know if it's just me, but I hate the idea of having debt (i.e car loans) - especially during a recession. I told myself that if I wanted a zed that much, I will have to work for it and save it up - so when I finally hand over the cash I know every penny was earnt with hard work and I could drive away with no finance or bank loan.

However, my bank account has not taken into account a certain Big Phil yet...this is when it will get interesting. B)

post some pics of the £15k :teeth:

lol...I don't have it stacked up in piles of 50's in my house. :p

Its just a 'boring' (I use this word loosely btw) number in my savings account. It took so long to save up! As sad as it sounds, I even gave up going out with mates at times so I could save - trust me, I'm dedicated to the 350z thing.

I don't know if it's just me, but I hate the idea of having debt (i.e car loans) - especially during a recession. I told myself that if I wanted a zed that much, I will have to work for it and save it up - so when I finally hand over the cash I know every penny was earnt with hard work and I could drive away with no finance or bank loan.

However, my bank account has not taken into account a certain Big Phil yet...this is when it will get interesting. B)

i'm guessing you missed the post about bigphil suffering ill health and has subsequently closed his ESR business :surrender:

i'm guessing you missed the post about bigphil suffering ill health and has subsequently closed his ESR business :surrender:

what! :scare:

I hope he is ok...the man seems to be a legend around here. Isn't there anyone else that can provide Nismo bits and bobs like Big Phil (also without the stupid stealer price increases)?

ESR had such amazing prices and amazing products. Hope there are other traders on here willing to take my hard earned cash in the summer.

The main thing is I hope Big Phil gets better. :thumbs:

Welcome bud :thumbs:

CS is a trader on here and i'm sure he will be more than happy to help.

You will see a huge difference between the pug and 350 as i often incounter one on the way to work, its got to the stage where he has given up and just gives me a flash whenever i see him :thumbs:

I first got interested in cars years ago when I was only 18. I remember having a ride in a certain 'famous' Nissan R34 GTR Nur spec (530BHP) - since then I have been hooked on cars, particuarly geared towards performance.

Welcome Darren the Lurker. :p:lol:

R34 NUR Spec are certainly a respectable beast to get you hooked into the car community. :D

You made comment about your current car being a hard ride. Have you taken a 350 for a blast yet? If not take an older model one and a new one, and you should notice the comparison of the stiffness of the suspension.

Thanks everyone for all your warm welcomes.

I haven't been in a zed yet (apart from car shows and constant gawping when I see one in car parks), but hope to book a test drive soon.

As for my current cars ride - yes it is fairly hard. I have to think twice when I see road signs for speed bumps or average size pot holes in the road (go over them very slowly). Obviously not going to be stupid and drive into pot holes in a zed (or any other car for that matter), but I am hoping that it is a little more comfortable than the GTI 180. :blush:

Not expecting Rolls Royce comfort, but I also don't want my spine smashed to a million pieces after passing over a stone on the road. :p