TOP GEAR - last in the series tonight

GIXXERUK

Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammond and James May round off the current series with one of the most spectacular road trips they have ever attempted. Arriving in Vietnam, they have to travel the entire length of the country in just eight days. But first they have to buy some suitable transport for the trip, and despite having several million Dong in their pockets, this proves to be rather more difficult than they expected, especially in one of the most expensive car markets in the world

8pm repeated tuesday night

last one :surrender:

It was funny but its lost that certain - oh btw its a car review program - its just about the presenters now !

Only reviewing they do is: if its a Porsche , BMW M3 , or a lambo its fab anythinge elses is rubbish!

Thats the next series covered then! :headhurt:

I missed the first half last night but really could'nt be fussed watching it - shame its come to this......

Come to think of it there are no car review programmes anymore that are any good - they are either trying to dumb down for the chavs or just total rubbish -i.e 5th Gear ! :yuck:

Think they need to have a long hard look at where the programme is going :dry:

+1 :yawn:

The James Martin exploit in the Mille Miglia that followed was a damn sight more interesting even though he broke down on the first leg :)

James Martin is just a spoilt brat who was able to throw hundreds of thousands of pounds at the event and still blew it. I struggled to have any sympathy despite the tears. :dry:

The James Martin exploit in the Mille Miglia that followed was a damn sight more interesting even though he broke down on the first leg :)

James Martin is just a spoilt brat who was able to throw hundreds of thousands of pounds at the event and still blew it. I struggled to have any sympathy despite the tears. :dry:

No disagreement with you there Digsy about the spoit brat - but at least we got to see some decent cars rather than clapped out mopeds with 3 pi$$ed off presenters making idiots of themselves.

No disagreement with you there Digsy about the spoit brat - but at least we got to see some decent cars rather than clapped out mopeds with 3 pi$$ed off presenters making idiots of themselves.

:thumbs: Absolutely. I thought his Maser was gorgeous and possibly the sexiest car there for me.

:thumbs: Absolutely. I thought his Maser was gorgeous and possibly the sexiest car there for me.

+1 - too right gents - he really came across as a spoilt brat!

I've been a Classic car owner and fan for years so to see something like that in the hands of someone who as I see it wants to show off and does'nt really appreciate what he has is just a waste!

We would all love to have those cars in our garage - I dont know about you lot but I loved cars from a kid also and still do, unfortunately the only one I have in my garage is a 1971 Beetle I got for £300 but I love it and know every single nut and bolt on it and what to do when it goes wrong!

Cant figure why he was in an Italian car erm in an Italian race in erm Italy! :headhurt: But he is phoning UK to get a part for his Italian car! :fool:

What a donkey and he left it till the next morning to do this - if it was me I'd be up all bleeding night trying my hardest to source or fix the thing!

If I spent 10K on a race (never mind the money on the car) I would want to enjoy it - even if you borrow a hire car to finish the route! Further more I would make sure I at least knew how it worked and at least how to change a spark plug!

If I was his girlfriend I would dump him - talk about p*** off factor - oh luv I cant take you with me I am taking this blonde driving chick instead - she never even had a go the damn thing! :dry:

phew got that off my chest - some people eh more money than sense!

Full of Xmas cheer here isn't it......

I thought Top Gear was entertaining, I laughed a lot at the way the three of them wound each other up and showed 'motoring' in another new light.

As for James Martin, is he not doing what any of us would have done here??? He spent hours, days and weeks working on that dream. Yeah, it costs money, but then the Mille Miglia always has and it's only the most elite cars that get in. I quite enjoyed it. :)

I just watched it on IPlayer, i enjoyed it, an hour and a half of good entertainment.

I dont mind so much that it doesnt have 'proper' car reviews anymore, its more of an entertainment program than anything else anyways now.

Maybe the BBC should do another program called 'sensible gear' or something, and have that as the factual car review program!

Full of Xmas cheer here isn't it......

I thought Top Gear was entertaining, I laughed a lot at the way the three of them wound each other up and showed 'motoring' in another new light.

As for James Martin, is he not doing what any of us would have done here??? He spent hours, days and weeks working on that dream. Yeah, it costs money, but then the Mille Miglia always has and it's only the most elite cars that get in. I quite enjoyed it. :)

doh sorry bad stressful day at work . I go on forum to chill but must have needed to chill more I guess ! I suppose we expect a high standard from top gear yes it was amusing but its coming across as fake and self indulgent these days ! As far as classics are concerned I get very passionate about them so when I see spoilt brats trying to show off I just get a bit wound up as plenty of classic fans would love to be given that opportunity

I know its just telly bum fluff anyway - merry xmas :D

I agree with you about it having become more fake, but when it was just a car review program it went under. So I guess it's good to have it at all!

As for classics, it's no different to anything else in life - money buys it! I'm sure there are plenty of artists that would kill to live in picturesque places but can't afford it and have to put up with LL 50 Diddy there instead. At least James Martin already had a garage full of cars and doesn't have a habit of modifying them Jay Kay styleee!! ;)