Want buy a 350Z - best place to strike?

Hi Folks

I have been saving my pennies and am now in the fortunate position to be able to buy one. With the current economic climate I feel its a good time to pick up a bargain, and certainly looking at some of the internet deals posted by your members, prices are dropping. I habe approximately £15000 to spend, what do you reckon I could get for my money? And should I be looking to spend a little extra to get a car that still has a Nissan warranty remaining? Your advise would be greatly appreciated.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi and welcome to the forum.

You have a very healthy budget and will have a great choice of cars. What to go for depends very much on personal preference.

Obviously colour choice etc is easy as is GT or Non GT.

If you want to keep the car standard then the newer the better. If you want to modify it you should still be able to get a great deal and save some money for mods.

Cheers for the very fast reply! So far I know I want one in black or gunmetal with the GT pack. There is a dealer in stirling who has a 2007 56 plate silver GT with 16000 on the clock up for £15995. going to see it tomorrow. From the pictures it seems pretty tidy. What you reckon to that price? I do enjoy a good haggle, might try and get him down to £14. Realistic?

To be honest nothing would suprise me with the market at the moment. Definately worth a go. Feel free to post up a link to the car if you want for constuctive thoughts. :D

Its a bit quiet around here at the moment, must be something else going on ;)

There are a few members near you so you will get to meet a few soon.

Let us know how you get on.

Arm yourself with a few of Sarnies buying/haggling tips…

From one of his posts…

Be friendly.

be knowledgable to the point that your telling him things about the car/marque.

Don't tell him your budget and if he asks, lie.

Tell him you actually have the cash in the bank to do a deal.

tell him you REALLY want it.

be prepared to offer him example's of similar cars that are cheaper ( have print outs of ads if needed)

be bold, don't be scared of offering him a lot lower than they have it up for sale.

If he gets angry then that isn't the place to spend your cash.

On the test drive, appear underwhelmed.

Sales people look for "buying signals" such as enthusiasm on the test drive, willingness to talk about finance and how quick they could have the car ready etc. Deliberately drop these into the convo followed by lines such as " I wish i could stretch to afford this" etc etc.

The key i find is to take control of the conversation.

:)

You can find the full thread here… http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ht=#261147

:thumbs:

:welcome: to the forum. With 15k just remember you are in a very strong position when dealing with a dealership. What is a good deal/price at the moment will very much depend on the sellers need to move the car. Just bear in mind they have been knocking 6k -9k off the price of a new Zed to try and meet their targets & with the 370Z due in June/July. So good hunting & be as bold, with your haggling, as you feel acceptable. Don't be afraid to walk away if they stonewall you & obviously don't let on what budget you have.

Arm yourself with a few of Sarnies buying/haggling tips…

From one of his posts…

Be friendly.

be knowledgable to the point that your telling him things about the car/marque.

Don't tell him your budget and if he asks, lie.

Tell him you actually have the cash in the bank to do a deal.

tell him you REALLY want it.

be prepared to offer him example's of similar cars that are cheaper ( have print outs of ads if needed)

be bold, don't be scared of offering him a lot lower than they have it up for sale.

If he gets angry then that isn't the place to spend your cash.

On the test drive, appear underwhelmed.

Sales people look for "buying signals" such as enthusiasm on the test drive, willingness to talk about finance and how quick they could have the car ready etc. Deliberately drop these into the convo followed by lines such as " I wish i could stretch to afford this" etc etc.

The key i find is to take control of the conversation.

:)

You can find the full thread here… http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... ht=#261147

:thumbs:

Can't believe i have a post quoted as being useful :lol:

It went well, car looked stunning. Currently engaged in a little game of cat and mouse with the dealer, I hope to beat him down to around £14 500 but he is a tough one. Popped into the main dealer in the motorpark too, offered me a new one with a GT pack for £22500 before negotiation. Little out of my budget, but interesting to see how they are prepared to slash their prices so drastically.

Another option has occurred to me today - personal contract hire. Does anyone have any experience of this?

When I got my car I noticed Black was a bt more expensive than the other colours but I'm glad I held off until I got the one I wanted.

My car is a Dec'06 and asked the guys on here for their realistic opinions on a value a few weeks back and came back with circa £15k, I decided not to waste my time by marketing it if that's all I was gonna get as I'm not desperate at all to sell it, even if I was desperate I'd be gutted if that's all I was offered

If you can get the silver one for £14,500 I think it'd be an absolute steal.

I'll be interested to hear how you get on.

http://www.350z-uk.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

Jay, I am living in the west end at the moment, yourself?

I am over on the south side giffnock newton mearns way! If you need any advice on the zed give me a shout mate cause i am over west end way quite alot :thumbs:

with the new slashed listed prices of new zeds. how far do you think it's possible to beat them down to? i too have a budget of around 16. ideally looking for a black gt 57 or younger and less than 10k on the clock. anyone know whether that is realistic or where i can look for one?

thanks