New owner in Middlesex

:welcome: Did you get a good deal on it?

I'd hope so!! being were this close to the 370z!!! Wondering maybe if it would of been worth holding out for it........

Thanks for all the replies.

Well, I ordered it a week and a bit ago from Crystal of Boston (in the UK). When I first saw the advertisments it was £4,200 off the RRP. I was thinking about spending around £14K on a second hand car. The following week the price had dropped to £7,100 off RRP - so the final price was £22,455 on the road which I accepted (they charged more for metallic paint).

They had two Silver and one Black in stock. The Silver one's had SatNav which I wasn't that interested in (I like to get lost with my own directions) - they were going to charge me £1200 extra. As it was my first (and probably only) new car I wanted a gunmetal colour. I was offered the Silver car with SatNav at no extra cost but it was a new car.....

The following week I saw a different dealership was offering them for £9,200 off RRP.....

My car at the time was a 2002 Ford Puma 1.7 and it's MOT, license and everything else ran out at the end of January. The Puma was starting to feel a bit tired in the handling department - the car had done 75K miles (driven twice to Monza and back). My previous car (a 1997 Puma 1.7) had started to rack up the service costs with lower suspension arms going and other such nasties. So, I figured that it was only a matter of time before the second one did the same. So the time was right for a change.

Thanks for the information on them all being built in Japan.

I'm not the Simon Norris of Norris Designs.

My car history

1977 first car 1969 Mitshubishi Colt Fastback

1978 1973 Mitsubishi Galant

1980 1970 (?) Ford Falcon XW (3.3l)

1981 1970 Ford Capri V6 GT (Mk I)

1993 1986 Ford Capri Laser 2l

1999 1997 Ford Puma 1.7

2006 2002 Ford Puma 1.7

I grew up in Perth, Western Australia and came back to the UK in 1989. I didn't own a car from April 1989 to around Easter 1993. I was working in London at the time and living around Raynes Park.

The Capri wasn't a hoon's car in Australia. We had plently of Holden and Ford Falcon V8s available quite cheap - also cars like the Holden Torana were available with a similar sized engine.