Any one got a crank UR crank pluuey out there

RyanfairladyZ

Bein a busy boy looknig at envy there say the crank pulley is the best mod any one actually got one not interested in this harmonic damper talk just if any1 has one an if they think its worth it cheers

Sarnie - you got the software that can translate this post?

Bein a busy boy looknig at envy there say the crank pulley is the best mod any one actually got one not interested in this harmonic damper talk just if any1 has one an if they think its worth it cheers

Sarnie - you got the software that can translate this post?

Yes, i do actually, it reads:

into:

l

l

l

l

l

l

V

I have been a busy little boy perusing the Envy performance website as I am interested in procuring the stated UR crank pulleys as I have heard that this is the best engine modification available. However, some folk talk about these blasted harmonic dampers which I don't think are quite productive enough for what I am look to achieve. Does any one have a constructive opinion of either of these modifications?

:lol:

I installed these on my first zed, made no noticable difference what so ever. I'm on my second zed now and I defo won't bother buying them again.

I installed these on my first zed, made no noticable difference what so ever. I'm on my second zed now and I defo won't bother buying them again.

So what the hell are they? a crank pulley or a harmonic dampener?

There is some controversy as to whether this mod gives much extra bhp. They can be tricky to fit and need correct torque settings. Some people have experience failures and water leaks.

I read something about making sure that the pulley had a stainless steel sealing ring although i am not 100% on this.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just got delivered a set of the UR lightened pulleys inc the crank pulley. Will be fitting them in the new year.

You're right about torque settings, but the instructions with them specify exactly what you need to do and what torque settings you need to fit them with.

You will not get any extra bhp with these (cant believe people thought you would??) but what it proclaims to do is provide less moving mass for the engine to turn, allowing the energy which it would have used to turn the heavy pulleys, to be used elsewhere (for example, moving the crank). So really its advertising is "allows more of the engine's power to be put down onto the road" but in reality, on their own, the gains would be almost insignificant. That said.. every little helps..

Chris