Potential New Owner on the Cards (FINALLY)

Hi, I've been lurking for a few weeks now as I am planning on purchasing a 350z when I get home from this trip as a xmas gift for myself, and this seems like a pretty good place to share my enthusiasm about the Zed.

I've seen one up my way, a 2005 GT in Black with 35,000 miles. The garage is currently asking £15k for it but I recon in the current climate I could get him down a few bob. If not I have no problems about travelling down south to get a cheaper one.

Hope to be able to post up some pics of my new toy very soon.

:teeth:

R

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey mate welcome aboard! Whats in the water up there lol everyone is getting a zed up in the deen! :teeth:

Hi, dunno mate..i think people are getting bored, everywhere you look its either a beemer or an audi, thats certainly the reason Im ditching the beemer anyway, and if you don't go german the only alternative is Jap.

R

:welcome:

You on the rigs, or work on the boats (standby, AHTS??)

There's a few MN members on here (me and Martinmac being 2 of them).

Helpful bunch on here, any questions, just yell.

Hi Lexx, god no, I couldn't hack it on a boat. Im on a platfrom just east of Shetland, I get seasick just looking at the sea.

What is everyone opinions on the Imports, I can afford a decent uk 350z so would I be best going for one or saving a bit of cash by getting a JDM? What is getting parts for the imports like and insurance?

Cheers

R

Aye aye, what rig you on? Also, what you do out there? Just being nosey!

I'm an ex completions engineer but have retired into the office. :D

On the import side of things, most parts are identical and readily available. Not sure on insurance. If I was you I'd be looking about the forums for cars for sale first then elsewhere. Travel for it, Aberdeen is too flipping expensive to buy cars.

Are you a Dandy?

Aye aye, what rig you on? Also, what you do out there? Just being nosey!

I'm an ex completions engineer but have retired into the office. :D

On the import side of things, most parts are identical and readily available. Not sure on insurance. If I was you I'd be looking about the forums for cars for sale first then elsewhere. Travel for it, Aberdeen is too flipping expensive to buy cars.

Are you a Dandy?

Fit like, Im a production operator on the Ninian Southern, not too bad, the rig is 5 years older than me and falling to bits but at least it's a 2/3 rotation so plenty of time off, oh an yes im a dandy to boot.

I've been looking around PH and the likes and seen some really good offers on the Zeds so might have to venture below the border. Your right Aberdeen is a total rip off.

I love the look of this one http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/697201.htm

R

Oh yes, very small. You on nights?

Feel free to give me a shout anytime for Zed advice, the CCR has my number!

I've only been on South once for 15 days. It was to start a pump when the new VSD module was commissioned. I sat in the TV lounge for most of it!

Oh well I'm on nights. Still feel free to call.......

Aye but the oil rate is still pretty good according to the well tests I've been getting, give it 6 months then you'll be glad of 700bbls/d of oil when the reservoir stops giving the black gold!

I talk gibberish on here all the time! Nothing new.

There are a few Dandys on here you know. :D