Potential New Owner on the Cards (FINALLY)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of sleep? When I was at the top of my offshore game I used to go my 12 hour shift, 2 - 3 hours paperwork and get up for any problems. I never complained about it.

Some of the hands get a rough deal but in the North Sea they CAN'T complain if you stop the job for sleep. You find most are silly though and stay up all day when they know they have a lot of work in the nigh. Then it's their own fault. Sleep management is key for service hands. I would have beaten my crew up and thrown them either through the rotary table or over the side if they'd complained after staying up!

I've been shafted abroad before though. 72 hours straight standing over a well is NOT good!

Cheers Lads,

Just to make it clear I'm not complaining about being offshore, i love it infact. Im just fed up with this specific rig. Also big respect to martainmac, there is no way in hell you would catch me on a supply boat in the north sea.....i get seasick on semisubs :teeth:

R

Isn't Ninian South a CNR rig? I used to do IT for them a couple years back.

Welcome to the gang, and another Aberdeen owner. When's the next Aberdeen meet Stew?!

It sure is CNR, although i dont know for how much longer...an aberdeen meet would be good when I take delivery of the zed.

R

Isn't Ninian South a CNR rig? I used to do IT for them a couple years back.

Welcome to the gang, and another Aberdeen owner. When's the next Aberdeen meet Stew?!

It sure is CNR, although i dont know for how much longer...an aberdeen meet would be good when I take delivery of the zed.

R

Stew's favourite route is up to the Lecht, although with the snow forecast next week I think that might be best avoided!! I was up that way Monday and the gritters had been out, great drive.